About The Role
We are seeking an Installation Manager (Telecoms) for our Rail Division. The successful individual will undertake project engineering duties from conception to completion of projects associated with telecoms, while liaising with the project manager, and taking ownership of works undertaken.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that project changes are identified in a timely manner and that the impact (costs, programme, risk etc) is addressed
- Forecast resource requirements and liaise with construction managers to book resource needs for allocated projects
- Plan all necessary DRN and ARN requirements to support works.
- Identify possession requirements for works and liaise with planners to ensure these are booked in a timely manner
- Attend all necessary engineering meetings both internally and with the client for allocated projects
- Set up of site implementation
- Undertake site inspections and audits to verify the effectiveness of work processes and quality of works against agreed standards/designs
- Ensure that all reasonable care is taken to ensure that work is conducted professionally and safely and in accordance with agreed standards
- Responsible for maintaining a project ‘box plan’ driven from P6 approved programme of works which forms the basis of the lookahead resource needs
- Implement processes and procedures described within the Linbrooke Services management system for projects / bids.
- Prepare bills of quantities / materials requests as necessary.
- Prepare technical work scopes and remit sub-contractors as appropriate for project/bids.
- Liaise and assist the HSEQ team to ensure due regard is given to safety / quality and environmental issues associated with projects/bids.
- Plan and prepare all SSOW/Line Blocks/Possessions in conjunction with planning team
- Identify requirements for site documentation (WPP/TBs) and ensure these are produced in a timely manner
- Undertake appropriate readiness checks to ensure that schedule works are planned thoroughly and support safe and effective delivery
- Undertake Site/quality audits.
- Work, safely, as directed by your line manager
- The above list is not exhaustive, and you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
Essential Attributes & Skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent team member with organisational and time management skills.
- IT literate
- Driving licence
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of telecoms engineering as applied to railway telecommunications.
- An understanding and appreciation of the CDM Regulations.
- An understanding and appreciation of applicable NR standards.
- Practical experience and appreciation of system design, development of system design, safety concepts and associated decision making as applied to railway telecommunications.
- Demonstrable experience of working as an operational comms engineer within the rail telecoms environment.
- Responsible Manager
- Risk assessment and relevant permit production
Desirable Attributes & Skills
- Health and Safety in a Construction Environment
- CDM Regulations appreciation
- Electrical safety appreciation
- SMSTS qualification
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Work at Risk Assessment / Planning / Approval
Office / Site based position.
Unit 2-4 Sheffield Business Park Churchill Way, Chapeltown, Sheffield, S35 2PY
When you join Linbrooke, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
Hybrid Working: Find the right balance that works for you. Depending on your role, you maybe entitled to work 2/5 days from home*.
Health & Wellbeing: Supercharged health and wellbeing plan by Westfield Health and EAP employee assistance programme.
Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with My Gym and Westfield Health Rewards. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
Community: Volunteering is big at Linbrooke. You can take 1 day off work to support causes you believe in. And you will get paid for doing it.
Sick Pay: Income protection for up to 6 weeks in 12 month period. So when you are unwell you don't have to worry about your finances.
Death In Service: In the unfortunate event of death, your nominated beneficiaries will receive a tax-free lump sum equivalent to a two-year salary, for this position.
We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation. In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.