Lead the KICC Information Delivery Team to ensure that the Customer Information System is being updated in line with agreed processes.
Ensure effective customer information is provided to passengers by means of the Southeastern website homepage, Customer Information System (CIS) equipment, Darwin, Social Media and any other information channels, particularly when there is disruption to the train service. Ensuring that all channels present information that is clear, consistent, correct & concise.
SE Trains has accomplished significant change in 2022, as demonstrated in our highlights reel below - if you want to be apart of our industries change please do not hesitate to apply.
- Ensure that the Information Delivery Team Members are operating the CIS equipment correctly with speed, efficiency and accuracy, especially in times of service disruption and in line with defined processes
- Manage the provision of live travel information across the Southeastern website, by publishing and updating disruption messages on Tyrell, and ensuring that Rainbow Board information is showing accurately on the website and on station screens.
- Ensure that Digital Signage and NOIS screens at relevant stations are displaying accurate real-time information during disruption, and manage playlists at all stations across the Southeastern Network with relevant information for passengers.
- Implement the Southeastern social media strategy as directed by the Head of Information Delivery
- Ensure timely updates are made via Twitter (and any other Social Media channels as appropriate) ensuring that members of the team are responding to passengers in a timely, professional, empathetic and polite manner at all times
- Ensure that all trains, particularly during disruption, are accounted for and information is being presented correctly via Darwin.
- In times of disruption where a new timetable is to be implemented, ensure that this is entered into Darwin in a timely fashion after first liaising with the NRCC to understand if the timetable is to be uploaded to the Integrated Train Planning System (ITPS) under the “Day A for B” arrangements
- Where disruption takes place in a location which affects other Train Operators in addition to Southeastern, monitor the respective websites to ensure that the overall passenger message is consistent – liaising with the relevant control(s) should any correction be necessary
- Through the TyrellCheck application, monitor the CSL2 status of any TOC which operates in the Southeastern network area to ensure that suitable information is provided to passengers at our managed stations.
- Communicate with Hub Stations to ensure that trains are accurately advertised and that they are being provided with a sufficient level of information
- Oversee the management of the fault database to ensure that all reported faults are being investigated and regular updates are chased in order to ensure the timely resolution of faults on customer information channels across our stations.
- Respond to any inbound requests for real-time passenger assistance, liaising with train crew and stations as required to ensure required assistance is provided in a timely fashion.
- During disruption, liaise with the National Rail Communication Centre (NRCC) to ensure that the information being provided to passengers via the National Rail Enquiries site is consistent with the Southeastern message
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role we recommend you demonstrate the below in your application;
- Knowledge of the relevant geography, including stations and track layouts and services operated by Southeastern.
- Good knowledge of generally available and bespoke IT systems.
- Good knowledge of relevant operating, rolling stock, engineering, train crew and station procedures
- Good general education with passes in English Language and Mathematics operated.
- A good command of English language and ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to create own inputs and influence at a number of levels within the KICC.
- Excellent communication skills.
Commercial Awareness - Understands the business requirements for advertising of train services and announcements
Adding Value - Exploits opportunities to improve results and add value to the business.
Resilience - Remains calm and self-controlled under pressure. Reacts well to change and stays positive despite setbacks.
Professionalism - Interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way. Respects and works well with others.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
Hear why SE Trains is a fantastic place to work from our colleagues across the business.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers