At Alstom, we understand transport networks and what moves people. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility, we offer our diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry. Every day, 74,000 colleagues lead the way to greener and smarter mobility worldwide, connecting cities as we reduce carbon and replace cars.
Are you responsible? Proactive? Organized? Then you are the right person to join us as an Industrial Quality Support Engineer in Crewe, Cheshire, UK
Purpose of the Job
As an Industrial Quality Support Engineer you will be designing and deploying Quality Control Plan per manufacturing process to support an external demerit at 0 for Alstom Customer and the Zero Defect Program
- Perform, participate to inspections of products (Customer joint inspections included if applicable).
- Manage problem solving.
- Records inspection results in the industrial tools as required & performed follow-up.
- Perform first characterization & manage NCR’s for non-compliant products for internal responsibility.
- Perform first characterization & manage Supplier NCR’s
- Have ability to accepts or reject products as defined in the working instructions / Expert support.
- Support manufacturing teams regarding the self-inspection, delegation of control (Training, audit, …) & Position Quality Animation with EPU manager.
- Generate Control Plans as required
- Support Concession process as required
- Support product FAIs as required
Your profile :
- Associate degree for Technician/Engineer (ex. equivalent of BTS in France – 2 years technical degree after high school)
- Experience in managing Quality tools and problem-solving tools.
- Technical mastering of railway products.
- International mindset & fluent in English.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Processes knowledge on Quality and at industrial level.
- Management experience (for PIQ manager).
- 5 years experiences in Industrial.
- Project management or equivalent.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.