Indirect Procurement Manager
Are you wanting to transition into a managerial role in Procurement?
Do you want to work in one of the UKs most exciting Industries?
Ford & Stanley are currently partnered with one of London’s busiest train operating companies. Due to continued demand on the Procurement Team, they are looking to hire an Indirect Procurement Manager to manage a team of 3 Procurement Specialists and run critical HR & Retail related tenders. You will be involved with setting procurement objectives, strategies and managing Tenders for Ticketing, Rostering, HR and Payroll systems and IT worth a rough value of between £10-£20m.
This opportunity could be your step into management as you look to make a progression step away from typical transactional purchasing. You will be a direct line manager to 3 junior Procurement Specialist and play a key part in the growth and future development of the team. You be taking a strategic stance and partnering with various internal stakeholders to set future procurement objectives and strategies.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience within Procurement roles, and have a good understanding of Public Sector Regulations (PCR, UCR, OJEU)
- Ability to act anonymously and take responsibility for the delivery of the whole team
- Desire to step into a managerial role within Procurement
- Be a strong team player
- Ability to work with stakeholders on all levels
- Central London (onsite 1 - 2 times per week)
What's in it for you?
- Competitive Salary (£50,000 - £58,000)
- Free Travel on all owned Train networks
- 75% discount on all other Train Operator’s lines
- Final Salary Pension Scheme
- 25 + 8 days annual leave
- Genuine flexible working
- Hybrid working (1-2 times per week onsite)
Alternative Job Titles
Procurement Manager, Purchasing Manager, Senior Buyer, Category Buyer, Procurement, Purchasing
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.