About The Role
We are looking for a talented Electrical Design Engineer to join the team of a forward thinking ICP, the role is to design and estimate 11kV networks both private and DNO with a view of growing into the 33kV market.
You will need experience of working for both IDNO / DNO and / or ICP.
This role comes with an attractive package dependent on experience.
ROLES RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following:
- Design HV connections to the local Distribution Network Operator (DNO) and private network infrastructure.
- Ensure all designs comply with client requirements and electricity network standards.
- Ensure all designs comply with CDM regulations.
- Liaise with and assist other departments and organisations to ensure projects are successfully delivered on time and within budget.
- Be responsible for the production of the design and estimates associated with 11kV networks.
- Produce a bill of quantities of equipment in line with relevant IEC, DNO, IDNO and client specifications.
- Interface with and attend meetings with clients, IDNO or DNO.
- Prepare and issue designs for approval.
- Liaise with internal and external design teams and consultancies to produce accurate designs within timescales indicated and in line with deliverables.
- Produce detailed specifications for high voltage plant & equipment and ancillary plant and equipment associated with high voltage substations.
- Review equipment manufacturer’s proposals and liaise with equipment manufacturers to ensure equipment suitability in line with the proposed design.
The above list is not exhaustive, and you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
Essential Attributes & Skills
- Proven contracts management experience within the electricity industry
- Hold suitable electrical qualification and authorisations
- ONC or higher electrical qualification
- Driving Licence
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal abilities
- Customer service skills
- Project safety management experience
- Working knowledge of safety, quality and environmental procedures
- Basic IT skills
Desirable Attributes & Skills
- Qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in a similar role, gained with either the DNO or an Independent Connections Provider (ICP)
- Strong understanding of electricity distribution network
- Working knowledge of MS office software – Word, Excel, AutoCad (desirable)
- 33kV design and estimation experience (desirable)
Monday to Friday, Office based position.
Unit 2-4 Sheffield Business Park Churchill Way, Chapeltown, Sheffield, S35 2PY
We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation. In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
When you join Linbrooke, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
Health & Wellbeing: Supercharged health and wellbeing plan by Westfield Health and EAP employee assistance programme.
Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with My Gym and Westfield Health Rewards. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
Community: Volunteering is big at Linbrooke. You can take 1 day off work to support causes you believe in. And you will get paid for doing it.
Sick Pay: Income protection for up to 6 weeks in 12 month period. So when you are unwell you don't have to worry about your finances.
Death In Service: In the unfortunate event of death, your nominated beneficiaries will receive a tax-free lump sum equivalent to a two-year salary, for this position.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.