Salary negotiable based upon experience, plus excellent benefits package including company vehicle.
Auctus Management Group Ltd delivers a range of infrastructure services, safety-critical staff, training, induction, assessment and certification solutions to support and maintain the UK’s infrastructure, ensuring that we manage and deliver to our client expectations. Our group consists of RSS Infrastructure and Infraskills.
From our offices in Birmingham, Newport and Doncaster, RSS Infrastructure has over 200 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that cover the majority of the UK. The company has developed a service portfolio that includes; Overhead Line Electrification, Vegetation Management, Track Access, Civils/Construction solutions, Safety Critical Resource Services, Magnetic Safety Barrier Fencing, Magnetic Points Boards, Signalling Services as well as being the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems.
INFRA Skills focuses on delivering high-quality training and assessments. Our service-driven philosophy is embedded into all aspects of the business and is backed up by our dedicated training team. The company’s aim is to deliver a range of services covering safety, people solutions, training and community engagement to the highest possible standards
What will I be doing?
Our successful candidate will provide HSQE advice to the company in support of the HSQE team. Ensuring the safe and timely deployment of HSQE services to ensure all stakeholders receive a perfect service aligned to rail and construction industry standards. On a day to day basis your duties will include:
- Developing and implementing operational plans for your area of responsibility.
- Developing productive working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Assisting with HSQE requirements throughout the business.
- Engagement in the Risk Management Maturity Model (RM3)
- Managing business processes.
- Ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements.
- Attend HSQE meetings.
- Carry out site safety tours and inspections
- Assist and / or lead in investigations.
- Ensuring compliance to all company / industry / legal processes.
- Where appropriate be actively involved in the induction of new workers informing them about payroll, competency development, vehicle management and RSS / client expectations.
- Provide accurate and compliant responses to tender enquiries inc. detailed overview of services along with appropriate qualifications/assumption
- Build excellent relationship with client commercial, HSQE and construction teams.
- Attend client meetings, PDRs, safety meetings as required by the clients in your geographical area to understand planning needs for current and future opportunities. Review service and safety, highlight areas of improvement or recognition. Each depot for clients to be visited a minimum of once per month by self or competent team member.
- Ensure all safety briefs, tool box talks are delivered and recorded each period.
- Daily review of labour performance for any safety related incidents, exceedance of rail working hours, close calls.
- Ensure workers fully understand their role with the client, the location, time and duration of the works. Ensuring all workers are compliant with the correct tickets and equipment for the role.
- Work in partnership with group training provider to plan contractor training to ensure no adverse impact on client delivery.
- Pro-actively manage contractor performance and attendance by arranging meetings to investigate safety concerns or discuss performance and attendance issues.
- Where required, attend training and competency development courses as directed by the Company.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others who may be affected by acts or omissions related to your work.Co-operate fully with the management of the Company with regards to any duty or requirement imposed on them by the relevant Health and Safety legislation to allow that duty or requirement to be carried out or complied with.Report all near misses, incidents and accidents through the correct reporting chain immediately that you are aware of any occurrence.
What experience would we like you to have?
We are seeking a candidate with previous HSQE experience in a Rail environment who already holds their NEBOSH qualification.
What can you expect from us?
RSS Infrastructure offer a range of benefits including:
- 20 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays (increasing with length of service to 25)
- Contributory pension scheme
- BHSF healthcare cash plan
- Private Health Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Sick pay increasing with length of service
- Long service awards
Our mission is to ensure that we make our clients operate more safely and achieve more productivity when on site, whether delivering new projects, track renewal programmes or maintenance of the rail infrastructure. We are not just another infrastructure company, but a trusted company who understands the value of partnerships and long standing business relationships, continually looking to deliver outstanding performance and customer service, and we remain as one of the market leading rail services groups within the UK.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse make up of our organisation and need people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services in to a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong work ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are a people orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, RSS Infrastructure do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.