We have a fantastic opportunity for a Fixed-Term HSEQ Advisor to join our CVL Rail Account at any site and locations within the Core Valley Lines Area.
HSEQ Advisor plays an important part in providing H&S support to the AIW Transformation team. Adding value directly through recognising and realising the business priorities, commitments, whilst balancing the delivery of core HSEQ programmes that need to be imbedded throughout the team. This will be managed through a customer focused style, day to day interactions, knowledge, and competence in all areas of rail and construction health and safety.
The standard hours of work are 40 hour week, nightshifts.
You will be responsible for:
- To provide direct proactive support, advice and information necessary for the infrastructure team to deliver operations in a continually improving, safe and environmentally-friendly manner
- Undertake investigations of incidents to identify root causes and help develop and where appropriate implement actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Support the delivery of safe and compliant operations to the quality standards outlines in the Amey HSEQ Managements system, Policies and Procedures and legal Obligations
- Continuously raise the profile and awareness of safety, environment, and quality assurance to all employed within Infrastructure Management CVL, contractors, customers and visitors
- Provide HSQE information, instructions and training to the team, sub contractor's employees and stakeholders to enable people to work consistently safe with care and appreciation for the environment we effect
- Through analysis and governance assists in the identification of new safety competency needs, improvement opportunities and engagement to create an interdependent culture
- Provide statistical information on performance to the Head of HSEQ and Operational Team with trend data, improvement suggestions and opportunities to continually improve performance
- Assist Managers in updating the safety plan to ensure legal and contractual requirements are fully met and help develop future plans and programmes
- Ensure that all quality and environmental procedures, roles and responsibilities, functions and activities have included in them inherent safety requirements outlined in the Amey Safety Authorisation
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders, suppliers and front-line employees as required
- Help the operations teams to identify the causes of any weaknesses and put into place actions that will improve performance on nightshift
- Liaise with Senior Management for Safety, Quality Environment, support teams and other SME’s as appropriate to help deliver a safe, environmentally sound and legally and contractually compliant service that is assured through audit and governance
- Vehicle will be provided
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Understanding of Network Rail processes and procedures
- Detailed knowledge of compliance management processes such as HSEQ Governance, Audit / Inspection, Training and Report writing
- Knowledge and experienced in risk assessment technique
- Knowledge and experience of accident investigation techniques (Kelvin TOP SET)
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, and organisation skills
- Customer and team focused individual who is comfortable working in a very fast paced, exciting environment delivering high quality service
- NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent)
- At least 5 years’ experience in the rail industry
- PTS AC
- Full current driving license
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level 5 (or above) qualification
What we can offer you
- Career Development - Exceptional development and progression plan
- Pension – Generous Pension scheme which we will contribute to
- Holidays - Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Choices - Our flexible benefits scheme is tailored by you, including buying additional annual leave, cycle2work scheme, charity giving and gym membership
- Save with Amey - Our online voucher portal gives you access to thousands of discounts from leading retailers to help you save on shopping, days out, or nights in. It includes healthcare, free GP service, dental vouchers
- Social Value - You’ll get 2 Community Involvement Days each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and further opportunities to support fundraising initiatives
Amey is committed to Inclusion and Diversity. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please contact our recruitment team at Charlotte.McEvoy@amey.co.uk to discuss any access needs and reasonable adjustments that may be required at any point during the recruitment process.
Apply today – We are excited to hear from you!