What are we looking for?
We have a really interesting and exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Manager to continue in taking the lead in rolling out HR across the business. Working predominantly in Thatcham, with occasional travel to other sites this role will report into the CEO. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic to drive forwards the HR agenda.
This is a standalone HR position, so day-to-day the role is a true generalist role. You will need to be confident in leading projects through to completion, whilst balancing a busy daily workload.
- Delivering a full range of HR activities including policies and procedures, terms and conditions, absence management, recruitment and retention, performance management, employee relations, succession planning, learning and development and internal communications ensuring a consistent and fair approach.
- Managing the end-to-end recruitment process, agreeing terms of business, supporting hiring managers with interview scheduling, writing job descriptions, preparing interview questions, and attending interviews where necessary.
- Promoting learning and development within the office; liaising with managers, identifying training needs, conducting and sourcing training solutions as appropriate.
- Creating HR data analysis reports, recommending any further action to the senior management team.
- Providing coaching to managers to support employees and ensure solid channels of communication.
- Working closely with payroll to ensure accurate weekly and monthly payments.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
CIPD qualified or have the equivalent experience
- Experience working in a standalone capacity
- A solid understanding of, and an interest in keeping up to date with employment legislation and its practical application
- A hands-on approach with an in-depth knowledge of HR policies and procedures across all HR disciplines
- Able to advise and influence management on all employee performance issues and quickly build relationships through excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Sensitive yet confident to tackle difficult and complex situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of HR systems and processes
- Experience of recruiting / interviewing at all levels
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly
- SME experience preferred