Ford & Stanley Executive Search – Specialists in Executive Interim and Permanent appointments to the UK Rail Industry have been retained to work in partnership on the search for a Head of Supply Chain for one of our leading rail clients specialising in equipment systems and rolling stock overhaul for the rail sector based in Doncaster.
Client Opportunity Statement
"We have invested in an Interim Supply Chain Director who is a specialist in turnaround and change who has spent the last 8 months working with us to restructure, implement new processes and sure up our teams - we are now in a good position to appoint the long term permanent Head of Supply Chain to build on this foundation and take it from good to great!"
- Examples / experience of taking a supply chain / procurement function from X to Y successfully to include cost reduction, supply chain engagement, re-contacting, growing a team and contract scoping
- Can come from / have a background/experience any heavy industry such as Automotive, Rail, Defence, Off-Highway, Manufacturing or Supply chain
- Must have qualifications to support experience such as CIPS or similar
- Live within a reasonable commutable distance from Doncaster and willing to be in HQ at least 3-4 days per week
- Leadership & Management Experience / Recruiting a Team, Developing a team capability.
Good to Know….
- Role has 4-5 direct reports to include commodity managers, inventory and data manager.
- There are 30 indirect reports
- Early 1pm finish on a Friday
- Role is purely Doncaster focussed and not UK or group focussed.
- A strong pipeline for the future with several projects inbound across a diversity of engineering works.
- This role would suit an 'up and comer' it can be a step up for the right person, as long as they are ready for a leadership role and have previous experience of leading people.
- Salary Banding Low of £62k, Mid of £65k, Top end of £70k
- Monthly car allowance of £625/month
- Bonus 15%
- PMI for family
- 4 x salary death in service / life assurance
Search Director Summary Statement
This role, by design is set to attract a Supply Chain / Procurement Manager ready for a step up hence the budget. We have had appointed in post for the last 8 months a specialist turnaround and transformation interim who has bought stability, structure and process to the procurement and supply chain function in addition to engaging the team and recruiting talent to address the gaps.
It is teed up nicely for a Supply Chain / Category / Procurement Manager to step into 'Head of' territory and opportunities such as this are rare as most organisations are unable to take the risk and prefer to opt for experience.
That being said, people management, leadership experience is important as is demonstrable examples of improving / developing a department.
Lots of projects in the pipeline, most of which different to what the client has historically delivered meaning new suppliers, cost down quality up initiatives and investment.