About The Role
We are seeking a Head of Signalling Engineering to join the rail division, to work as the professional planning lead for associated signalling telecoms, power, and minor civil engineering projects.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following:
- Lead and direct the engineering function and take ownership and responsibility for the day to day management of the engineering function.
- Encourage creativity and innovation within the engineering team.
- Health and welfare of engineering staff.
- Undertake regular management inspections and tours as identified by the HSEQ department.
- Maintain and foster excellent relationships with customers, industry associations, suppliers and partners.
- Implement processes and procedures described within the Linbrooke Services management system for projects / bids.
- Develop discipline specific objectives and goals for the team and ensure these are communicated as necessary.
- Manage the overall resourcing of the team to ensure adequate and competent resources are available to support business requirements.
- Develop and maintain business processes, work instruction and forms to support the engineering activities.
- Identify process improvements within the engineering function and assist with formal implementation.
- Review standards changes and implement any specific changes as required.
- Maintain records of staff competencies for each role and ensure ATW (Authority to Work certificates) are issued.
- Carry out annual staff dialogue/assessment to review performance and learning requirements.
- Engage with the Managing Director to discuss and agree overall business objectives/goals and actively implement these throughout the team.
- Support the HSEQ function in obtaining and maintaining business accreditation for key requirements including Link Up, ISO accreditation and Principal Contractors licence.
- Manage & chair formal engineering reviews for the team.
- Ensure that all reasonable care is taken to ensure that work is conducted professionally and safely and in accordance with agreed standards.
- Support the bid team in the preparation of technical, cost and programme information to support projects/bids including the preparation of technical workscopes and remits for sub-contractors as appropriate.
- Liaise and assist the HSQE team to ensure due regard is given to safety / quality and environmental issues associated with projects/bids.
- Act as mentor/coach for members of the engineering team.
The above list is not exhaustive, and you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
Essential Attributes & Skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent team member with organisational and time management skills.
- IT literate – Microsoft Office including CAD software such as AutoCAD, Visio, Microstation J.
- Driving licence.
- Basic Signalling 1
- Basic Signalling 2
- Full Fadc Trainng (Frauscher)
- G110 Tester-Lead Tester
- G110 Author-Checker
- Signal Works Testing MOD5 - Assistant Tester
- Electrical Installation Signalling Skills
- SMTH Signaling Maintenance Tester Handbook
- Linbrooke Commercial Awareness Training
- Sentinel - Personal Track Safety (PTS)
- D&A Screening
- PTS E-Learning (complete before PTS course)
Desirable Attributes & Skills
- WAH Tier 1 - Module 1b - WAH001b Working at Height Practical Training
- Manual Handling Practical
- First Aid at Work (3 Day)
- Action on Module
- Fall Arrest Safety Harness
- Working in Confined Spaces
- Managing Confined Spaces
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Portable fire Extinguisher
- CDM for PMs (Principal Contractor)
- CDM for Designers
- Responsible Manager Course
Monday to Friday, Office based position.
When you join Linbrooke, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
Hybrid Working: Find the right balance that works for you. Depending on your role, you maybe entitled to work 2/5 days from home*.
Health & Wellbeing: Supercharged health and wellbeing plan by Westfield Health and EAP employee assistance programme.
Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with My Gym and Westfield Health Rewards. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
Community: Volunteering is big at Linbrooke. You can take 1 day off work to support causes you believe in. And you will get paid for doing it.
Sick Pay: Income protection for up to 6 weeks in 12 month period. So when you are unwell you don't have to worry about your finances.
Death In Service: In the unfortunate event of death, your nominated beneficiaries will receive a tax-free lump sum equivalent to a two-year salary, for this position.
We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation. In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.