Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
London / 12 Months FTC
The Head of Financial Planning & Analysis will support the Financial Controller to deliver all the Finance Team objectives. The holder of this role will manage and oversee the output of the Financial Planning & Analysis Team. Report financial information to the company, division and group periodically and as required and periodically provide the business with commercial information.
The main tasks associated with this post are:
- Overseeing and improving the provision of internal and external reporting;
- Supporting management in sustaining financial control, strategic decision making and driving profitability through the provision of accurate, timely and interactive information.
- Managing the preparation of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and the annual business plan.
- Ensuring the timely production of the periodic trial balance;
- Delivering robust balance sheet control including the control of fixed assets, working capital & cash.
- Managing and delivering the periodic & financial year end reporting processes;
- Delivering day to day and cash management;
- Ensuring that all financial procedures and policies are clearly documented, adhered to and kept up to date and relevant through systematic review;
The successful candidate will have significant experience in reviewing Financial Planning and Analysis Team output and practical financial accounting experience. Previously experience of the railway industry would be advantageous. The Financial Manager will possess:
- A recognised accounting qualification or equivalent experience;
- Good communication and presentation skills to ensure that other Senior Managers and Directors are kept well informed of appropriate financial matters and contribution and buy-in to financial processes and procedures is secured;
- Commercial awareness and the ability to fully understand the financial implications of the contractual environment including the Concession Agreement, Track Access Agreements, Rolling Stock leases, Facilities Management and Train Maintenance Agreements;
- Proficiency in Excel and financial reporting packages
- A “Can-Do” attitude, with an open and questioning mind. Enthusiasm and the ability to influence and implement change during a period of transformation.
At Arriva Rail London, we work in an environment where diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a culture of respect, challenge and innovation – with excellent opportunities for growth and development.
Our benefits include:
• Free Travel for you and a nominated person at your address on TfL Network - this alone worth total £5,200 per annum
• Discounts on European rail services after 1 year of service
• Free travel on Arriva branded rail services around the country
• 75% discount off of season tickets on other Train Operating Companies
• Arriva Village – web based discounts on various products/services on the high street
• Employee Assistance Programme – 24hr helpline, covering a multitude of subjects
At Arriva we acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success..