At Alstom, we understand transport networks and what moves people. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility, we offer our diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry. Every day, 74,000 colleagues lead the way to greener and smarter mobility worldwide, connecting cities as we reduce carbon and replace cars.
Could you be our Head of EHS D&IS UK in Derby we’re looking for at Alstom?
Your future role
Take on a new challenge and apply your expertise as our Head of EHS D&IS UK in a new cutting-edge field within the Rail industry. Reporting into the EHS Director UK&I you’ll work alongside highly motivated professionals within the EHS Team committed to best in class performance in leading and developing the distributed team in managing and advising on all aspects of EHS for the D&IS Business in the UK and associated activities.
We’ll look to you for:
Utilising your expertise in advising the product line Leadership and Management Team on all aspects of EHS and offer support and assistance where required to successfully deliver output and maintain and improve EHS standards in line with Alstom requirements whilst fostering our values of agility, inclusivity and responsibility. Other aspects of the role include:
- Supporting the EHS Director and Local management teams in achieving EHS performance
- Deputise for the EHS Director as required
- Assist the EHS Director in meeting EHS objectives and supporting the UK&I EHS Strategy
- Ensure that the relevant EHS requirements of AZDP are effectively applied on the sites and in associated activities.
- Support / encourage the use of business EHS systems such as iform, EHS connect etc.
- Drive and deliver the D&IS Health and Safety Improvement Plan
- Carry out ‘assurance’ checks on EHS documentation applicable to the business/sites and for external auditing requirements such as ISO14001 Environmental Management Systems, ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System, and other applicable industry requirements
- Assist in internal / external EHS audits where required
- Report accidents, incidents, potential severe events, high potential close calls etc. and provide a monthly/period EHS related status / performance report to the MD, Clients and EHS Director
- Champion Health and Wellbeing for the Region
- Be a single point of contact for SLT members on all EHS Agenda items for the Product Line
- Assist with the development / maintenance of the D&IS Safety Management System (ISO45001)
- Embed a culture of professional development across the UK&I Business
All about you
We passion and attitude over experience. That's why we don't expect you to have every single skills. Instead we've listed some that we think will help you succeed and grow in this role:
- NEBOSH Certification
- Member of IOSH
- Sound Knowledge of Network Rail Procedures and CDM
- Management System Knowledge
- Persuasive communicator with the ability to explain legislative information clearly and concisely
- Relevant experience in Environment, Health & Safety
- Highly recommended experience in projects
- Good knowledge and understanding of ISO14001 and ISO45001
- Deep knowledge of local legal requirements.
- First Aid at Work
- Good all-round knowledge of occupational EHS and operational railway safety regulations and standards
- Familiarity with AZDP and APSYS
- IEMA Certificate
- Experience of the Railway Industry
- Experience in railway is an advantage
- EHS auditor
Things you’ll enjoy
Join us on a life-long transformative journey – the rail industry is here to stay, so you can grow and develop new skills and experiences throughout your career. You’ll also:
- Enjoy stability, challenges and a long-term career free from boring daily routines
- Collaborate with transverse teams and helpful colleagues
- Contribute to innovative projects
- Steer your career in whatever direction you choose across functions and countries
- Benefit from our investment in your development, through award-winning learning
- Benefit from a fair and dynamic reward package that recognises your performance and potential, plus comprehensive and competitive social coverage (life, medical, pension)
You don’t need to be a train enthusiast to thrive with us. We guarantee that when you step onto one of our trains with your friends or family, you’ll be proud. If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
What we offer
We offer a highly competitive starting salary, company car/ car allowance, plus bonus plus 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days, healthcare, life assurance, an excellent company-contributed pension scheme, and a wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your life-style.
The talent team are reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role will close as soon as a suitable person has successfully passed the assessment process. To be considered please send in your application as early as possible
We value inquisitive, innovative and motivated people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable.
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. We aim to have a welcoming and inclusive environment for individuals, of different ages, genders, ethnicities, disability, LGBT, religion and/or belief.
As a 'Disability Confident' employer, we will interview all disabled job applicants who match the essential criteria of the job description or specification: if you require any reasonable adjustments, please let us know.