What are we looking for?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Civils to lead and manage all operational aspects of major civils projects, including Bid & Project Directorship on key projects, governance and assuming a leadership role in promoting a safety culture. In short, this role is about operational excellence – delivering projects safely to budget and winning profitable work.
- Deliver annual major project budget and manage commercial risk.
- Deliver a portfolio of projects to budget with minimal “write downs”.
- Assess project workload and recruit staff to meet workload.
- Lead and or support bidding process to secure a pipeline of work.
- Successfully motivate, lead, retain and develop a team.
- Build relationships with key customers.
- Act as CRE if required on projects.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Successfully managed a profitable outcome of major rail projects.
- Proven leadership of managing teams.
- Record of effective business development.
- Thorough understanding of engineering practices and capable of being a CRE.
- Able to understand technical issues and be credible in front of customers.
- Detailed knowledge of industry SHEQ and CDM requirements.
- Understanding of UK H&S legislation, Network Rail and Group standards.
- Strong IT, verbal and written communication skills.
- Holder of PTS competence (additional LUCAS for LU).
TRS who are we?
Best Plant – Best People – Safest Processes
This is Total Rail Solutions’ industry leading formula that is the basis of our success.
We are specialists in providing on-track plant (OTP) hire, sub-contracting services and labour provision to rail sites across the UK. Working with leading contractors including Balfour Beatty, Amco, Lundy Projects and Allun Griffiths, we support some of the most prestigious Network Rail, Crossrail and London Underground projects across the UK.
Under our full On-Track Plant Operations Scheme (POS) approval we support a wide range of projects, such as Overhead Line Equipment (OLE), permanent way and civils work.
We own over 80 road rail vehicles and a broad range of attachments and employ a 300 strong workforce that includes, POS Supervisors, Crane Controllers, Machine Controllers, Plant Operatives and contingent labour, this is led by an experienced management team.