What is the key purpose of this role?
To Competently maintain and repair assets in line with appropriate maintenance regimes whilst maintaining safe working practices and good housekeeping.
What are the key deliverables and accountabilities of the role?
- Successfully undertake and ensure the maintenance of vehicles is carried out in line with company policy, procedure and current Rail Industry and Rail Group Standards
- Accurately and correctly complete all maintenance records.
- Effectively carry out modifications and major and minor repairs as required in accordance with appropriate approvals and procedures.
- Attend track incidents and provide technical back up as required by the needs of the business in a timely manner.
- Proactively ensure understanding and abide by all safety notices, rules, and regulations to protect and safeguard personal and company protection.
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping are maintained in line with safe systems of working and company practice.
- Safely carry out shunting duties in support of DRS Rail Movements as required by the needs of the business (where authorised).
- Effectively undertake Designated Persons duties as requested by the Team Leader.
- Attend on call requirements.
- Procedures: All relevant Engineering Procedures relating to Asset Maintenance, Asset Repair, Depot Protection, Housekeeping, Risk and COSHH assessments, MOW, Maximo
- Live the following guiding culture principles:
- Freedom – will create an environment where our people have the freedom to perform
- Helpfulness – will work together to help each other and our customers
- Drive – be confident, curious, and innovative
If you would like more information, please head over to the role profile attached at the bottom of the page. If you believe this is the role for you, hit apply now!
We encourage applications from a diverse range of candidates
We are proud of the commitment we make to diversity and inclusion and of the progress we have made. We have active & vibrant staff networks, special leave policies and workplace adjustments put in place for those who need them. We are continuing to build a diverse organisation, in an inclusive environment which nurtures and realises potential in all, at all levels.
Diversity and inclusion is our top priority, and we embrace uniqueness. We strongly encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are a welcoming and inclusive workplace where our people are able to bring their whole selves to work.