Location: London (Old Oak Common, New Cross Gate or Willesden)
Appointment Basis: Permanent
Work Pattern: 37 Hours per week
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide. #LI-AL2
Are you seeking to enhance your career and join us on our journey as our Facilities Manager on a Permanent basis and make your mark with a globally renowned organisation in the rail sector? The Facilities Manager is a key and integral role responsible for managing and coordinating the facilities contract and support to the Class 378 project; liaising with the customer, their representatives or suppliers to Alstom as necessary. The role involves developing planned maintenance activities for plant equipment, log and maintain equipment warranties and address infrastructure and building defects at all project locations including timely repairs. The candidate must fully understand and work to current Health & Safety requirements ensuring the safety of all staff with Environmental standards and polices being met in line with Alstom directives.
What That Means Day To Day
You’ll be tasked to control of contractors and management of all staff responsible for the maintenance activities. In addition the FM is to advise on project Environmental controls and applicable legislation.
This is a hands-on role with key responsibilities for the front-line response to plant, equipment, building and services defects. Other aspects of the role include:
- Managing all Project Planned Preventative Maintenance whilst ensuring that all Plant & Equipment is maintained to a high standard through a scheduled plan.
- Ensuring all Plant & Equipment is made available to Operations in meeting the needs of the Customer.
- Ensuring the project plant and equipment is repaired as necessary and managed in a safe, efficient, and effective manner.
- Ensuring all work, for which you are responsible, is performed in a safe and effective manner in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974), Rules and Regulations, Railway Group Standards, TOC Safety Case and ALSTOM Policies and Procedures.
- Managing the interface with subordinates and equipment suppliers to ensure fast and effective repairs are carried out at projects locations.
- To manage and implement the Safe Control of Contractors on site ensuring that both legislative requirements are met and to meet the company directive of Zero LTA’s (Loss Time Accidents). #LI-AL2
- Successful record keeping of Facilities databases in support of the maintenance facilities; to record anniversary dates for the test and calibration of equipment in line with statutory regulations.
- Implementing and coordinating measures to optimize energy in order to achieve environmental targets.
- To manage, control and implement cost effective disposal of waste removal from site in line with ISO 14001 environmental directives and legislation working toward Zero waste to landfill.
- To manage all Soft Service activities to include security, depot cleaning & kitchen Facilities, or support where these services are managed by site landlord.
- Negotiate and manage large-scale depot projects for delivery of business needs. Provide interfacing role to external customers for depot upgrades.
- To carry out Quality, Safety and Communication briefings as required.
- To ensure subordinates carry out Risk Assessments, in your areas of responsibility, as required making sure all necessary control measures are implemented and adhered to.
- To Chair weekly facilities meeting to update key stakeholders on open issues and ongoing projects
- To manage interface with Customer’s depot facility manager including attending regular meetings
Who We’re Looking For
At Alstom we are agile, inclusive and responsible in everything we do. These principles form our values and behaviours and are an essential component of our assessment process and are fundamental qualities that we seek for all roles. We are highly interested if you have:
- HNC Equivalent in Engineering or Building Services.
- Experience of infrastructure and equipment repair management in the railway industry or similar
- Budget management.
- Supplier management.
Desirable Technical Knowledge / Experience
- A mechanical / electrical background from a production environment would be preferred, although not essential.
- Strong work experience in a preventative maintenance role with a good understanding of all types of Plant and Systems.
- Proficiency in Excel for budget management
- Experience in use of Maintenance management system Behavioural Competencies
- Self-directed and results focused.
- Holding people accountable (both internally and externally)
- Man management experience.
What we offer
We offer a highly competitive starting salary plus 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days, healthcare, life assurance, an excellent company-contributed pension scheme, and a wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your life-style.