As an Estimator at CML you will provide feasibility advice on new tenders, and produce appropriate documentation for inclusion that meet client and industry accepted standards. This will include preparing information and bill of quantities / schedule of rates for tender applications.
Other duties include:
- Review as requested estimates / information from subcontract so as to ensure it adequately caters for the work being proposed
- Provide information as necessary to Commercial Director for inclusion in reports to Board of Directors
- Analyse and evaluate contract performance and budgets in accordance with CML systems and procedures
- Attend site visits for re-measure of contracts
- Prepare valuations including for any additional works
- Ensure ‘estimates for work’ take adequate account of applicable legislation and recognised industry standards on health, safety, quality and environment
- Produce documentation for tenders that contain sufficient provision for meeting applicable legislation and recognised industry standards on health, safety, quality and environment
- Comply with health & safety requirements applicable to the place of work
- Railway / civil engineering knowledge – Essential
- 2-3 years relevant experience in estimating within the civil engineering construction or relevant industry
- Possess the ability and confidence to price projects with minimal supervision
- Highly conversant in Excel
- Adept with estimating software
- Knowledge of contract types
- Experienced in competitive bidding
- Ability to derive Schedule of Rates
- Adept in Bill of Quantities / take-off’s
- HNC / HND / Degree in Engineering discipline
- MS Office – Essential
- Membership of RCIS/ ICES – Desirable
Package dependent on experience.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please follow the instructions. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity. All applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent, regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Due to the large volume of recruitment enquiries we receive, we are not always able to respond personally to all enquiries. If you have not heard from us within 14 days please assume that we do not have any immediate opportunities suited to your requirements. I would encourage you to regularly review our vacancy lists and contact us again if you wish to apply for these advertised opportunities. Thank you for your interest in our Company.