About The Role
Due to continuous growth, a fantastic opportunity has arisen to join Linbrooke’s Environment and Sustainability division as their in-house Enviromental Specialist. Working on a variety of projects, you will assist our environmental team in identifying and mitigating ecological and environmental risks on numerous regional and national infrastructure projects throughout the UK.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following:
- Provide environmental advice and support to support your dedicated project management team, and where required within the wider business the HSEQ team, project management teams and bids and tender teams.
- Arrange, review and where applicable, undertake, environmental desktop surveys, walk outs and site surveys to support Environmental and Social Appraisal ESA/ESMP development.=
- Arrange and review Preliminary Environmental Appraisals (PEA)’s to support ESA/ESMP production and further surveys if necessary.
- Lead or support the production of ESA/ESMP, and further surveys if identified.
- Write reports and mitigation plans based on above surveys undertaken, including creation of risk assessments and mitigation schemes.
- Support Project Management teams with implementation of environmental mitigation schemes.
- Provide support to the tenders team in providing environmental, CSR and sustainability responses to tender questions.
- Support compliance with ISO14001 by assisting to continuously develop and maintain the integrated management system.
- Undertake high level reporting on environmental, CSR and Sustainability matters on behalf of LSL to UK and European regulatory bodies
- Support monitoring for environmental, CSR & sustainability performance through external / accreditation audit preparation, auditing of suppliers to LSL and undertaking internal audits and site monitoring.
- Review outcome of any external environmental survey and summarise for teams.
- Undertake/support investigations for environmental incidents on site.
- Undertake regular site inspections.
- Develop and deliver subject matter briefings on site/virtually and support development of training packages.
- Support Protected species licence applications/projects with activities under an environmental licence, including liaising with Natural England and/or local authorities where appropriate
- Provide support in developing and maintaining aspects and impacts assessments.
The above list is not exhaustive, and you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
Essential Attributes & Skills
- Full UK driving licence;
- 3-5 years proven, previous experience in a similar role.
- A relevant undergraduate degree or experience in Environmental management.
- Be a minimum of a Practitioner member of Institute for Environmental Management and Assessment or working towards.
- Good knowledge of environmental legislation and best practice.
- Be an excellent communicator with the ability to write clear, concise reports.
- Ability to multi-task and work proactively and flexibly in support of changing workloads.
- Strong prioritisation and organisation skills.
Desirable Attributes & Skills
- Full PTS
- Railway experience in a similar role
- Awareness and knowledge of the Network Rail standards 015 (Environmental and Social Minimum Requirements Standards) and 122 (Management of Biodiversity);
- Experience of social management or social value data handling.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM).
When you join Linbrooke, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
Hybrid Working: Find the right balance that works for you. Depending on your role, you maybe entitled to work 2/5 days from home*.
Health & Wellbeing: Supercharged health and wellbeing plan by Westfield Health and EAP employee assistance programme.
Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with My Gym and Westfield Health Rewards. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
Community: Volunteering is big at Linbrooke. You can take 1 day off work to support causes you believe in. And you will get paid for doing it.
Sick Pay: Income protection for up to 6 weeks in 12 month period. So when you are unwell you don't have to worry about your finances.
Death In Service: In the unfortunate event of death, your nominated beneficiaries will receive a tax-free lump sum equivalent to a two-year salary, for this position.
We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation. In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.