Are you looking for an opportunity to work along side a global company who operate over 130 attractions in 25 different countries?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail and Engineering Recruitment Experts are on the search for an Engineering Area Manager who will play a key role in the maintenance and safety of rides across a well-established theme park in the UK.
We are looking for an Engineering Area Manager to join a fast-paced and guest-facing business. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys heavy engineering and operational duties. The successful candidate will conduct ride maintenance tasks and safety checks to ensure that rides are handed over to the operation line safely. If you are looking for an interesting engineering role ‘out of the ordinary’ this one’s for you!
Role And Responsibility:
- Manage the shift engineering to ensure the rides remain safe and operational as required to meet the park opening schedule.
- Manage the engineers to improve the ride availability through data analysis and working group forums.
- Support and oversee the annual maintenance schedule for the rides.
- Manage the through-life management plan for all designated engineering assets.
- Ensure that the shift team have completed ride maintenance tasks and safety
- Carry out PPM checks and pre-operational safety checks on equipment where qualified to do so.
- Lead the development of the annual inspection programme within area of responsibility.
- Leadership Experience
- Experience with working within heavy engineering
- Managerial Experience
This person will be proficient with time management and be capable of working with minimal supervision. Training courses will be provided so the successful candidate must display the initiative and commitment to improving their own department and skills
Closing Date: 30 Sept 2022
Ford & Stanley Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.