We currently have an opportunity for an Engineer – Overhead Contact Systems (OCS) to join our engineering team in York or Birmingham with the flexibility of hybrid working. This position within our OCS team will suit a committed and ambitious engineer who can demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills combined with commercial awareness and the ability to play their part in a dynamic high-performance team working across some of the most significant rail infrastructure projects in the UK.
The Engineer – OCS will produce OCS designs, studies and reports for railway infrastructure projects to achieve the required scope and quality. Act as Lead Engineer on projects, to ensure project budgets and programmes are achieved. Provide technical guidance to other members of the OCS Team and take an active role in ensuring safe design practices are adhered to.
- Design of Contact System solutions for engineering projects in accordance with client requirements, technical standards and legislation;
- Lead projects and provide task guidance and monitoring of performance;
- Provide project progress reports and updates to the Team Leader and Project Management Team;
- Achieve the scope agreed with the Design Manager/Project Co-ordinator regarding the effective delivery of projects to current engineering and safety standards;
- Achieve personal and project targets including utilisation, delivering projects to budget and programme;
- Assist in the development of staff to ensure the skills are available within the OCS Team to meet business objectives
- Good relationships are maintained with all external parties to enhance the reputation of the company.
- Professional qualifications: working towards Incorporated or Chartered engineer status (IMechE preferred);
- Experience designing and delivering OCS detailed designs;
- Knowledge of multi-disciplinary issues associated with OCS design;
- Knowledge of construction principles and standards;
- Knowledge of safety standards including CDM and CSM-RA;
- Flexibility in working hours will be required to meet the demands of the role;
- Ability to travel to client sites and other SYSTRA offices will be required.
Proficient at computer aided design (CAD) inc
Established in 2007, Fission Recruitment specialise in the recruitment of permanent employees and contractors for the rail and highways industry.
Key to what we do is assist our candidate in their long-term planning and continued skill acquisition. We offer free advice, industry knowledge and CV consultation, ensuring that all candidates have equal opportunities to develop their career.
Please apply to find out more details about how we can help you find your next position. We understand that every individual looks for a new role for a number of different reasons, whether it’s financial, culture, sustainability or equality and diversity, we can help you navigate your way to success.
Fission recruitment is acting as an employment agency in relation to this job.