Ford & Stanley Talentwise are seeking an experienced Electrical Technician to work on the assembly of brand-new Rolling Stock vehicles for CAF UK.
This is the opportunity to work as part of a team within a state-of-the-art factory in Newport, Wales on a production line to assemble and fit brand new electrical train components.
CAF Rolling Stock – Newport, Wales.
Role & Responsibilities
- Follow specifications and instructions to accurately assemble components to rail vehicles using a variety of tools and equipment.
- Fitting of electrical and safety critical parts.
- Carry out lean production activities.
- Record and report faults to relevant areas of production.
- Perform work quality checks to ensure product meets high quality and safety standards.
- Maintain all equipment ensuring you keep all work areas clean and well organized.
- Ensure all records (manual and digital) are completed on time whilst carrying out daily maintenance and safety checks.
The ideal candidate must have experience with electrical fitting and assembly whilst working as part of a team. You must be hard working, reliable, able to work to a high and safe standard and be able to develop a strong working relationship with colleagues.
- Manually dexterous, with electrical experience.
- Able to follow verbal/written instructions and other relevant information.
- Able to work autonomously as part of a team.
- Able to us a variety of machines and hand tools.
- Knowledge and experience of promoting safe working practices in a safety critical workplace.
Monday to -Thursday, 7am - 4pm
Friday, 7am - 1pm
A pre-employment Drugs & Alcohol test and Medical must be passed prior to start.
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.