Test and Commissioning Technician required to join a dynamic team; at Crewe Depot. An opportunity to complete safety critical testing and commissioning; to ensure they’re providing working to the required specifications.
Varied shift pattern, dependent on project demands. You must be flexible to work a mixture of days, nights and weekends.
Role and Responsibilities
Troubleshoot using electrical schematics, test equipment, and diagnostic software, completing quality control.
- Carry out dynamic testing on new trains before their release into service.
- Complete complex tasks such as troubleshooting, testing, quality control, tuning and repairs
- Complete test reports, internal adjustments, and pending job information accurately.
- Verify the electrical & mechanical systems installation, and integrity.
- Perform maintenance and fault rectification tasks on the train borne test equipment as necessary in accordance with procedures.
- Report test data to relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise with relevant systems experts in Engineering to progress commissioning and type testing issues.
The ideal candidate will have existing Rolling Stock Test & Commissioning experience. Flexibility is an absolute must; this position may be required to travel to other Depot’s (fully expensed) and will be working a varied shift pattern. You will be a Team player, who can quickly develop strong working relationships with colleagues, but also self-motivated and able to take ownership and responsibility of your own work. This is working in a fast paced environment and would therefore suit someone who is able to keep calm in under pressure.
- Relevant experience in rolling stock test & commissioning
- Knowledge & experience in TCMS, OTMR data downloading, Pneumatics and Rolling Stock Brake Systems, Computer Networks, Automatons and Distributed Input / Output systems
- Experience using measuring instruments such as multimeters, recorders, etc.
- Able to write detailed test reports
- Flexible, and able to adapt to changing circumstances, and provide solutions in a climate of continuous improvement
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
Likely Job Titles:
Electrical Maintenance Technician, Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Warranty Technician, Warranty Engineer, Electrical Technician, Rolling Stock Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Systems Technician, Systems Engineer, Diagnostic Engineer, Diagnostic Technician
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.