Electrical Maintenance Engineer - E&M Team
Full Time, Permanent
West Midlands Metro is the name for the region’s popular and growing tram network, operated by Midland Metro Limited. Midland Metro Ltd is owned by the West Midlands Combined Authority. It is an inspiring time for Midland Metro Ltd as the Combined Authority delivers a £1.3 billion investment plan set to significantly expand the tram network, bringing even greater connectivity to people, places and business.
We are looking for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join our Electrical and Mechanical (E&M) Team. The E&M Team are responsible for maintaining and servicing our substations and performing isolations when repair or maintenance work is carried out on overhead lines. They also maintain, inspect and test trackside equipment and carry out tram stop inspections. They rectify any electrical faults on our lighting circuits, lighting columns and any power issues that are found. Duties also extend to maintaining the High Mast & High bay lighting in and around our Depot.
- Ensuring inspection and maintenance tasks are being completed in a timely manner and in compliance with the planned maintenance schedule.
- Ensuring the work tasks follow the correct procedures.
- Work in a safe and professional manner.
- Report all work activities and faults to the E & M Team Leader.
- Complete all relevant paperwork in a timely manner and/or update the Asset Management Information System.
- All maintenance and repairs to the West Midland Metro substations and electrical /electronic equipment.
- All maintenance and repairs to West Midland Metro stops and communication equipment.
- Maintenance and repair of Depot and offices at Wednesbury, oversight of contractors carrying out planned works.
- Assisting in project working and design of installations.
- Assisting in test and commissioning of new systems
- Assisting with the development and continued improvement of the Asset Management Information System
- Involvement may be necessary when external contractors are required to conduct any planned works.
- Continuous assessment and improvement of working practices embracing new technologies
- Attend any new training required to carry out duties
- On call duties
- Switching duties
- Working on night shifts as reasonable required by MML management
- Electrical principles course
- IPAF (International Powered Access Federation)
- AP (Authorised Person) Training
- Telecommunications and fibre course
- Smartrams operational and maintenance course
- SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) course
- Training in line with Infrastructure competency matrix
- Look out
- PICOP/PIC (Person in Charge of Possession/Person in Charge)
- Personal track safety
- Points clipping, scotching and cranking
- PriMOSS (Principal Member of Staff on Scene)
- Manual handling
- Competent person substation course
- Courses for new equipment installed as part of upgrade or new extensions
What you'll need:
- Experience as an Industrial Electrician
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
- A good working knowledge of rail or light rail infrastructure or similar complex mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- A good working knowledge of, and competent in, electrical/mechanical systems
- Electrical qualifications
- A flexible approach to working hours
- Willingnes to work on an On Call Roster
- Full UK Driving Licence
What we offer in return:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday and bank holidays
- Free travel on West Midlands Metro and National Express bus services for you and your partner
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Discounted Gym Membership.
- 24/7 365 Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Company Uniform
- Full Training