About The Role
Due to continuous growth, a fantastic opportunity has arisen to join Linbrooke’s environmental division as their in-house Ecologist. Working on a variety of projects, you will assist our environmental team in identifying and mitigating ecological and environmental risks on numerous regional and national infrastructure projects throughout the UK.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following:
- Provide ecological advice and support to management, the HSEQ team, project management teams and bids and tender teams across all of LSL business activities / departments.
- Undertaking habitat surveys including extended Phase 1 Survey.
- Undertake ecological desktop surveys, walk outs and site surveys including Preliminary Ecological Appraisals (PEA)’s to support project risk assessments.
- Write reports and mitigation plans based on above surveys undertaken, including creation of risk assessments and mitigation schemes.
- Support Project Management teams with implementation of ecological mitigation schemes.
- Undertake further specialist ecological surveys where qualified to do so.
- Develop and deliver subject matter briefings on site/virtually and support development of training packages.
The above list is not exhaustive, and you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
Essential Attributes & Skills
- Full UK driving licence;
- Proven, previous experience in a similar role;
- Have as a minimum a Capable level of competence in line with the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) competency framework;
- Good knowledge of ecology, legislation, and survey best practice;
- Be an excellent communicator with the ability to write clear, concise reports;
- A relevant undergraduate degree or extensive experience in Ecology, Zoology, Biological Sciences, or other relevant Environmental Sciences;
Desirable Attributes & Skills
- Full PTS
- Railway experience in a similar role
- One or more protected species licence;
- Competent ECoW status;
- A relevant Masters degree in Ecology or other relevant discipline;
- Minimum Associate membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM).
Monday to Friday, could include weekend working
We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation. In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
When you join Linbrooke, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
Hybrid Working: Find the right balance that works for you. Depending on your role, you maybe entitled to work 2/5 days from home*.
Health & Wellbeing: Supercharged health and wellbeing plan by Westfield Health and EAP employee assistance programme.
Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with My Gym and Westfield Health Rewards. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
Community: Volunteering is big at Linbrooke. You can take 1 day off work to support causes you believe in. And you will get paid for doing it.
Sick Pay: Income protection for up to 6 weeks in 12 month period. So when you are unwell you don't have to worry about your finances.
Death In Service: In the unfortunate event of death, your nominated beneficiaries will receive a tax-free lump sum equivalent to a two-year salary, for this position.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.