About The Role
We are seeking an E&P Supervisor to join our rail division.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following:
- The safety of both Linbrooke employees and clients/public who may come into contact with our day to day operations
- Incident, close call, near miss reporting
- The quality of installation of assets onto the Rail infrastructure
- The day to day management of both direct & indirectly employed operatives onsite
- Site inductions for direct and indirect employees and site visitors
- The productivity of staff booking time to the project
- Transient site set up & closure
- The control of materials onsite
- The control of plant onsite and its correct usage
- Carrying out weekly site safety inspections
- Mobilisation & demobilisation of site
- Recording/managing site staff working hours
- Collating Health & Safety file information and submit to Design Manager as per Project Plan
- Collating & returning of SSOW / WPP / Task Briefings
- Ensuring that all work is undertaken in accordance with signed AFC designs
- Ensuring that all allocated installation staff hold the necessary Linbrooke Authority to Work certificates for the project
- Ensuring that that the potential for design change is notified to the delivery engineer at the earliest opportunity to allow the CRE/designer to review and provide alternatives
- Completing sign the installation check sheets as verification of works complete in accordance with the AFC design and quality standards and returning these to the delivery engineer
- Maintaining records of installation personnel utilised for the project on a day to day basis
- Maintaining photographs of all installation works pre and post works
- Maintaining as built “red penned” (with Delivery engineer)
- Undertaking tasks, safely, as directed by your line manager
- Understanding which permits are required for certain types of work including permits to dig & Electrical Isolation permits
- Understanding what materials are required for each individual task and use them as directed
- Complying at all times to the requirements of Linbrooke Services HSQE policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act
- Actively supporting & encouraging Linbrooke Services Ltd.’s HSQE principles across projects.
The above list is not exhaustive, and you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
Essential Attributes & Skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent team member with organisational and time management skills
- IT literate
- Driving licence
- An understanding and appreciation of the CDM Regulations.
- An understanding and appreciation of applicable NR standards.
- Practical experience and appreciation of system design, development of system design, safety concepts and associated decision making as applied to railway E&P.
- 18th Edition
Desirable Attributes & Skills
- Corporate membership of appropriate railway engineering associations.
- Level 3 training in specific discipline
- Responsible Manager
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Emergency First Aid at Work for Electrical Incidents
- Work at Risk Assessment / Planning / Approval
All shifts, including nights
We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation. In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
When you join Linbrooke, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
Hybrid Working: Find the right balance that works for you. Depending on your role*, you will be entitled to work 2/5 days from home.
Health & Wellbeing: Supercharged health and wellbeing plan by Westfield Health and EAP employee assistance programme.
Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with My Gym and Westfield Health Rewards. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
Community: Volunteering is big at Linbrooke. You can take 1 day off work to support causes you believe in. And you will get paid for doing it.
Sick Pay: Income protection for up to 6 weeks in 12 month period. So when you are unwell you don't have to worry about your finances.
Death In Service: In the unfortunate event of death, your nominated beneficiaries will receive a tax-free lump sum equivalent to a two-year salary.
*If your application is successful we will discuss hybrid working arrangements with you during the interview.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.