We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services and who continue to provide excellent mechanical and electrical design solutions across the country.
We are looking to expand our already experienced engineering team and appoint an E&P Electrical Design Engineer to join a busy design office where rail industry design activities feature highly.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to work on high profile projects with duties to include supporting the team on multi-discipline schemes, design and undertaking project management on smaller projects in conjunction with other staff members.
As part of the team, you will be expected to work under your own initiative and as part of a specific project team.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Appropriate Railway experience in a technical design environment.
- Working knowledge of Network Rail design processes and standards
- Previous experience with the design of E&P (predominately LV) services such as station power & lighting, lineside power, signalling power and/or point heating installations
- Fully conversant and with a working knowledge of the current IET wiring regulations
- Fully conversant in software such as CAD, Amtech, ETAP or Relux/Dialux packages
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree in the associated electrical design discipline
- Previously undertaken E&P CRE Design roles within the Railway
- Working knowledge of Engineering Management for Railway Projects NR/L2/INI/02009
- Ability to manage design works and deliverables with minimal supervision
- Previous experience as a time served electrician would be advantageous
- Holder of a UK driving licence
- Member of appropriate professional body MIET/CEng/IEng
- Personal Track Safety (PTS) Certification would be advantageous
- Competitive package commensurate with experience. Genuine rewards for genuine effort.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Opportunity for paid overtime
- Unique bonus opportunities
- City centre-based
This is a unique opportunity for an Engineer to join and progress their career within an innovative, growing company. Your work will have a clear and direct impact on ambitious projects, by working individually and as a part of the team with a high degree of devolved responsibility.
If you are looking to take the next step in your career, please click 'Apply for this job' to send your CV and covering letter to be considered for the role.