About The Role
Within our rail division we have an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer (E&P) to join the team. The successful individual will be responsible for the completion of technical and engineering tasks associated with a particular project in accordance with agreed quality, budget and timescales constraints.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following:
- Liaising with the project manager to ensure that project changes are identified and that the impact is addressed.
- Attending all necessary engineering meetings both internally and with the client for allocated projects.
- Ensuring that all reasonable care is taken to ensure that work is conducted professionally and safely and in accordance with agreed standards.
- Implementing processes and procedures described within the Linbrooke Services management system for projects / bids.
- Undertaking electrical surveys of sites as required and proposing likely works to the wider construction team for discussion and agreement.
- Conducting outline design and detailing of rail electrical infrastructure providing accurate and appropriate imagery. Producing details specifications and calculations for power upgrades, lighting schemes, earthing schemes & point heating etc.
- Having a good working knowledge of BS7671 in a design environment
- Liaising with AutoCAD technicians in the production of drawings.
- Producing accurate designers risk assessments using a wide variety of forms.
- Submission of quality design documents in accordance with NR/L2/ELP/27311, collating the key components as appropriate for inclusion.
- Preparing E&P information as required in support of business bid activities.
- Liaising and assisting the HSEQ team to ensure due regard is given to safety / quality and environmental issues associated with projects/bids.
The above list is not exhaustive, and you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
Essential Attributes & Skills
- Safety critical position (PTS) – good, practical health and safety awareness.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and learning.
- Good attention to detail with a professional outlook.
- Good working knowledge and previous experience of industry standard software packages (AutoCAD, Microstation, AMTEC, Microsoft)
- IT literate – Microsoft Office including CAD software such as AutoCAD, Visio, MicroStation J.
- Driving licence.
- Excellent knowledge of aspects of E&P engineering as applied to railway infrastructure projects.
- An understanding and appreciation of the CDM Regulations.
- An understanding and appreciation of applicable NR standards.
- Practical experience and appreciation of system design, development of system design, safety concepts and associated decision making as applied to railway E&P projects.
- Demonstrable experience of working as a Project Engineer / Design Engineer within the rail market.
- Sentinel - Personal Track Safety (PTS)
Desirable Attributes & Skills
- Working in Confined Spaces
- Emergency First Aid at Work for Electrical Incidents
- SISS Awareness
- Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services - Electrical Installation
- Level 3 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology Installation
- Level 3 Award in Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installation
- Level 3 in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment
When you join Linbrooke, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
Health & Wellbeing: Supercharged health and wellbeing plan by Westfield Health and EAP employee assistance programme.
Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with My Gym and Westfield Health Rewards. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
Community: Volunteering is big at Linbrooke. You can take 1 day off work to support causes you believe in. And you will get paid for doing it.
Sick Pay: Income protection for up to 6 weeks in 12 month period. So when you are unwell you don't have to worry about your finances.
Death In Service: In the unfortunate event of death, your nominated beneficiaries will receive a tax-free lump sum equivalent to a two-year salary, for this position.
We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation. In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.