We are on the lookout for friendly, trustworthy, reliable and punctual individuals who can drive our trams and provide a safe and secure, reliable and sustainable service to all our customers.
- Undertaking driving duties and provide a safe, smooth and comfortable journey to all West Midlands Metro customers.
- Delivering a customer experience that exceeds expectation
- Ensure that all customers have a valid ticket or pass an be the customer’s expert in providing best value advice for their travel arrangements
- Be an ambassador for Midland Metro Limited and maintain professionalism at all times
- Adhering to all Company policies and procedures and responsibly practice safe methods of work
- Promptly and accurately communicate travel disruption information to your customers using the communication methods available
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of products and services provided by Midland Metro Limited including ticketing options, the local area surrounding the stops and other transport modes.
- Report any driving safety critical concerns or behaviors through the correct internal procedure
- Provide a service in line with the published timetable, while maintaining the safe operation of a tram
- Complete thorough and accurate driving incident reports when applicable
- To have a comprehensive knowledge of By-laws and the Conditions of Carriage with a particular focus on customer comfort
- Undertake all mandatory or safety critical driver training and learning opportunities to a high standard and maintain competency levels necessary for the role
- Comply with Health and Safety Instructions and directives in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Accurately report accidents, incidents or near misses including personal injury and vehicle damage to the Control Room
What You’ll Need:
- A Full UK and Clean Driving License at least 12 months old
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above
- Must be 21 years and above
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Experience in a forward-facing customer focused role
- Able to work unsociable hours including weekends and bank holidays
- Ability to handle cash and electronic payment methods
- To work alongside other departments within the Company
- To be trustworthy, reliable and punctual
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills in a busy environment
What We Offer in Return:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free travel on West Midlands trams and buses for you and your partner
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Life Insurance Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program 24/7 365 days
- Discounted Gym membership.
- Full On the Job Training