- 1st stage: 23 October
- 2nd stage: 7 November
The Director, Business Management and Performance (BM&P) will play a key role in converting the Executive Committee’s (ExCo) strategic direction into a resourced, budgeted and relevant business plan. They ensure all business activity is delivered, governed, monitored and reported on to the highest standard, ensuring that benefits are realised by the membership and the wider industry as swiftly and efficiently as possible. They have responsibility for the Business Management Office (BMO), with line management of the Head of BMO.
- An inspiring leader with the ability to successfully influence outcomes through effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build credibility to a senior level including at board level.
- Experience and expertise in business planning and strategy development.
- Detailed understanding of the principles of business performance, their application and effective business or financial analytical skills.
- A collaborative style and approach with the ability to build positive and highly productive working relationships with multiple senior stakeholders.
- Proven experience of internal stakeholder engagement, including at senior executive levels.
- Highly developed people management experience, encompassing an inclusive style and coaching and motivational capabilities.
- Demonstrable experience of having led substantive change and project management approach.
- Confident in the use of data and technology and an appreciation of digital transformation.
- An ability to communicate clearly, articulately and constructively with a wide range of stakeholders, including the RSSB membership.
- Evidence of inculcating a strong ethos of continuous improvement within business processes.
- Demonstrates alignment to RSSB’s values and purpose for 'a Safer, Smarter Railway’.
We value diversity and equal opportunities in employment and we are committed to creating a workplace which is inclusive to everyone. As a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, we encourage candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria, to apply for our jobs. If you have applied under the Disability Confident Scheme, please let us know in advance by emailing vacancies@RSSB.CO.UK. If you require any reasonable adjustments with respect to our selection process including information in an alternative format, please contact us at email@example.com
We understand the importance of work-life balance and we offer our staff the flexibility to work within our core hours and the option to vary their location between both the office and home. If you are looking for further flexibility, speak to us at interview stage so that we can consider your request.
We value our people and we offer a competitive benefits package to ensure our staff can achieve their best throughout their journey with us. This includes 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays); a holiday buy and sell scheme; private medical and dental cover; a season ticket loan and travel subsidy; access to a cycle to work scheme; volunteer leave; a performance related bonus and pension. We are alo committed to investing in our people and offer formal and informal learning opportunities for development.