We are now seeking to strengthen and grow our Engineering team in our York office, initially working as part of our Conventional Rail project team, by recruiting an experienced Design Manager to manage production and delivery of design.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a range of experience within the Civil Engineering/Transportation/Infrastructure sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Design Manager to further their career in a highly motivated and inspirational environment.
Working in collaboration with our designers and contract partners, the Design Manager will be involved in a variety of tasks such as:
- Adopt a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects, compliant with all relevant legislation.
- Liaise with construction teams to ensure designs are buildable and represent value for money
- Liaise with wider design team to ensure consistency and quality of deliverables across all areas of the project.
- Implement effective, value for money and innovative design solutions to meet technical and project requirements
- Prepare and check engineering designs, calculations, and manage design production
- When required, to undertake the roles of Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE), Task Manager, Designer, Checker or Approver for all various types of civil design.
- Conceptual outline and detailed design of engineering solutions, presentation of engineering options.
- Delivery of work to programme, budget and specification.
- Training and development, mentoring of junior staff.
- Contributing to long term technical development of the office by application of new techniques, procedures and practices.
- Assist and support the Engineering Manager where required
- Integrate with international technical networks in the delivery of designs.
- Degree qualified within a relevant discipline (i.e. Civil or Structural Engineering)
- Experience of managing the coordination of multidisciplinary teams on major infrastructure projects
- Experience managing design delivery programme and to budget
- Broad Civil Design Engineering experience gained on infrastructure projects
- Excellent communications skills
- Working experience with ProjectWise and Bentley Systems
- Professional Institute membership with ICE or IStructE
In return, we offer a very competitive salary with a comprehensive and attractive benefits package with opportunities for flexible working and career development.
Established in 2007, Fission Recruitment specialise in the recruitment of permanent employees and contractors for the rail and highways industry.
Key to what we do is assist our candidate in their long-term planning and continued skill acquisition. We offer free advice, industry knowledge and CV consultation, ensuring that all candidates have equal opportunities to develop their career.
Please apply to find out more details about how we can help you find your next position. We understand that every individual looks for a new role for a number of different reasons, whether it’s financial, culture, sustainability or equality and diversity, we can help you navigate your way to success.
Fission recruitment is acting as an employment agency in relation to this job