What are we looking for?
A brand-new opportunity has arisen for a Delivery & Collections Supervisor to support HGV drivers with loading/offloading road/rail plant and ancillary equipment safely from base of operations (Newbury, Doncaster or Cwmbran) and client rail locations throughout the UK, ensuring professional high standards of customer service at all times.
- Contact clients to confirm delivery/collection arrangements before arrival and give clear guidance as to when equipment will be delivered.
- Undertake visual checks of equipment to ensure it is fit for purpose with no visible signs of damage and ensuring correct in date documentation is with the equipment.
- Ensure all work/delivery/collections are always undertaken in the safest possible manner and raising any concerns to your line Manager as and when required.
- Act as an ambassador for the Company when meeting clients and customers creating an excellent professional impression of both the Company and the Transport Department.
- Normal shift patterns will be 06:00-14:00 and 14:00- 22:00 to support the delivery and collection plans for the business and its clients.
- All relevant additional training will be provided in order to ensure you hold the relevant competencies required to cover all tasks required to fully undertake the role.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
- Full, clean Driving Licence
- Previous experience with heavy plant
- Good geographical knowledge
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful
- Willing to work various shift patterns and night working
TRS who are we?
Best Plant – Best People – Safest Processes
This is Total Rail Solutions’ industry leading formula that is the basis of our success.
We are specialists in providing on-track plant (OTP) hire, sub-contracting services and labour provision to rail sites across the UK. Working with leading contractors including Balfour Beatty, Amco, Lundy Projects and Allun Griffiths, we support some of the most prestigious Network Rail, Crossrail and London Underground projects across the UK.
Under our full On-Track Plant Operations Scheme (POS) approval we support a wide range of projects, such as Overhead Line Equipment (OLE), permanent way and civils work.
We own over 80 road rail vehicles and a broad range of attachments and employ a 300 strong workforce that includes, POS Supervisors, Crane Controllers, Machine Controllers, Plant Operatives and contingent labour, this is led by an experienced management team.