Are you a proactive, tenacious Account Manager or Customer Relationship Manager looking for a new challenge? Would you like to be part of a small, spirited team that produces a market-leading portfolio of online and offline media, marketing, business development and recruitment services? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
We are Rail Business Daily, the UK rail industry’s leading business support and profile enhancement company, providing a vast range of tailored services and visibility maximising opportunities for ambitious organisations and professionals.
We’re a trusted partner to hundreds of enterprising companies. The RBD group of websites receive over 15.5 million views a year and 50,000 rail professionals receive our daily newsletter. Whether they’re looking for a platform from which to share their story with the wider industry community or support in developing their brand identity and producing compelling marketing material, our fantastic team has profile-enhancement capabilities that are second to none.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us as Customer Relationship Manager at our Wakefield HQ as we accelerate the growth of our teams and expand our platforms.
We’re looking for an experienced and client-focused individual who is well organised, with strong attention to detail and great communication skills.
You’ll be responsible for developing your own pipeline of business from our existing and target clients within the rail industry, developing the relationships and delivering ongoing account management duties to retain and gain repeat business.
You’ll deliver campaigns, provide marketing collateral ideas, develop artwork and oversee the creative process, as well as reselling advertising in our Rail Director and Inside Track publications, which have a combined digital readership of 32,000 people.
If you have a solid track record in sales, client relationship management and business development, then this could be an opportunity for you to grow your career.
The most important requirements are an ability to learn and retain information on the specialist sector, and your ability to pick things up quickly. Your passion, enthusiasm and tenacity will support your success. You need to be self-motivated, this role offers a nurturing, respectful and supportive environment, however you will enjoy the freedom and autonomy to deliver it your way without being micromanaged.
- Build and develop commercial relationships with key clients by supporting and understanding their business and marketing requirements.
- Expanding our revenue in accounts through new sales and up-sell opportunities
- Responsible for client account management and development strategies
- Liaise with clients on how to improve service levels in line with client’s key goals
- Previous experience in a client-focused role
- Previous experience in a sales-focused role
- Ability to create and build strong working relationships with clients
- Strong MS Office and time management skills
- Organised individual with strong attention to detail
- Able to juggle multiple projects/deadlines and prioritise workload
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Hybrid working
- Free on-site parking
- 24 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Extra days off on your birthday and between Christmas & New Year
- Company sick pay scheme
- Social events
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wakefield: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)