We are looking to expand our Signature Team in the UK, working on high profile infrastructure projects such as Crossrail and HS2, we are building on our 50 years of success in the UK by growing our team and looking for passionate people to deliver projects across our portfolio.
We are now seeking to strengthen and grow our Engineering team in our Birmingham office, initially working as part of our Main Works Civils High Speed 2 project team, by recruiting an experienced Cost Engineer.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a range of experience within the Civil Engineering/Transportation/Infrastructure sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Cost Engineer to further their career in a highly motivated and inspirational environment.
Working in collaboration with our management team, designers and contract partners, the Cost Engineer will be involved in a variety of tasks such as:
- Applying the recognised Cost Management and Earned Value Techniques.
- Analyse and interrogate all Weekly Actual Cost Reporting for accuracy of hours booked, performance against forecast providing feedback to the DJV Project Team
- Producing timely and accurate actual and forecast cost reporting to ensure that the Project Financial position is reported accurately through SPOT at month end and that all costs have been authorised, captured and reported correctly, including the calculation of monthly accruals
- Control and analyse scope deviations through trend and change management processes
- Build relationships with budget holders across all of our disciplines to ensure that the project costs are
- being captured correctly
- Support to intercompany trading transactions for global production centres including entity margins and regional performance against business targets
- Attend Progress Meetings and communicate clear and concise data to the Project teams across all regions
- Attend our Work Package Reviews and record the meeting minutes and all actions
- Understanding of multi-disciplinary co-ordination across major infrastructure projects and global design teams.
- Ideally have experience in variety of software platforms e.g. SPOT, Power Bi, Primavera, PRISM,
- Ideally have experience or interested in working with international colleagues of different technical cultures or on overseas projects
- Ability to co-ordinate across infrastructure projects and global design teams.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to produce cost management reports.
- Knowledge of financial processes and procedures
Whats in it for you?
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- 25 days holiday with the ability to purchase or sell 5 additional days
- The offer to double your pension contributions eg. 4% contribution from yourself, doubled by Sytra to 8%, to give you a 12% pension contribution overall
- Private healthcare
- 4 x salary for death in service
- Hybrid working; ability to work from home say 3 days a week and the office 2 days a week, or more if you so wish