Due to our continued growth and success, we are looking to recruit an experienced Controller of Site Safety (COSS). To join us to work on a long term project, Northampton, Monday to Friday, occasional weekends, days and Nights.
What will I be doing?
- Lead from the front in performing all duties and mentoring new operatives.
- Ensure that the health and safety of all workers are signed onto the Safe System of Work Pack.
- Ensure that all works are completed to the highest levels of quality, and issues relating to the completion of work escalate to the client supervisor and RSSI Rail Manager.
- Fully brief all members of the workgroup on all aspects of the SSOW pack, ensuring they sign the SSOW pack following the brief.
- Record all close calls on the RSSI app.
- Ensure that all non-attendance is reported to the RSSI Resource Team or Out of Hours Service.
- Ensure all staff are in full PPE, including face masks and goggles, when signing in at Site Access.
- To ensure that hand-arm vibration sensors (HAVS) are utilised by the workgroup when operating small plant tools.
- Respond to all instructions and queries from RSSI clients and Rail Managers in a calm and professional manner.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by RSSI clients and RSSI management, provided these are safe.
What experience would we like you to have?
- In date PTS, with Track Induction
- Qualified and competent Controller of Site Safety (COSS)
- Small Tools
- Full UK driving licence