Due to our continued growth and success, we are looking to recruit an experienced Controller of Site Safety (COSS). For Full Time, Mid Week, Install work on the South Valley Lines.
What will I be doing?
- Lead from the front in performing all duties and mentor new operatives.
- Ensure that the health and safety of all workers are signed onto the Safe System of Work pack.
- Ensure that all works are completed to the highest levels of quality and issues relating to the completion of work escalate to the client supervisor and RSSI Rail Manager.
- Fully brief all members of the workgroup on all aspects of the SSOW pack ensuring they sign the SSOW pack following the brief.
- Record all close calls on the RSSI app.
- Ensure that all non-attendance is reported to the RSSI Resource Team or Out of Hours service.
- To ensure that all staff are in full PPE including face masks and goggles when signing in at Site Access.
- To ensure that hand arm vibration sensors (HAVS) are utilised by the workgroup when operating small plant tools.
- Respond to all instructions and queries from RSSI clients and Rail Managers in a calm and professional manner.
- Undertake any other duties, as requested by RSSI clients and RSSI management when requested provided these are safe.
What experience would we like you to have?
- In date PTS
- Qualified and competent Controller of Site Safety (COSS)
- SSSTS Desirable
- Experience in safety critical work, rail track renewals & maintenance.
- Full UK driving licence