Are you looking for a position that utilises both your rail engineering knowledge and ability to build lasting professional relationships? Are you looking to work for a reputable business committed to continuous improvement and their high-profile clients?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are working with one of the UK’s leading suppliers to the Railway industry, who are searching for an expert in rolling stock parts to work closely with a key client on-site, ensuring the company is represented and achieving continuous improvement in service to the customer. They will resolve problems through diplomatic communication and will have a consultative approach regarding issues with current parts and potential future business. This competent Contract Manager will benefit from building relationships both with the client and various internal departments. They will experience an exciting professional challenge of managing a complex contract for an ambitious business. The Contract Manager will have increasing autonomy as the role goes on and will be able to set their own work schedule, travelling in between sites as they see beneficial and will grow business opportunities through ensuring client satisfaction and learning more about their needs.
Liverpool, Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds – will need to be willing to travel to those locations on a weekly basis.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance and development of key customer relationships at operational depot level.
- Attendance and input at regular operational and contract review meetings.
- Attendance and input at fleet performance and reliability review meetings at customer site in order to gather information of customer issues and opportunities.
- Regular and sustained interaction with customer materials and planning teams in order to identify changes in material demand or maintenance activity – communication of this intelligence to internal stakeholders.
- Resolution of customer issues in line with company procedures.
Proactive identification of sales lead opportunities through on-site engagement with the customer. Communication of sales lead opportunities as they arise to the Account Management team and follow up to ensure conversion to profitable sales in line with growth strategy for the account.
- Monitoring and supporting customer with the management of processes, including but not limited to, management of tracked assets, warranty and rejections processes.
- Monitoring and supporting the customer with the correct and timely management of tracked assets held by each depot.
- Working cross functionally with Engineering teams to understand and resolve customer engineering issues.
- Management of the initial stages of the Missing and Damaged process, identifying and resolving issues with the customer in order to reduce claims. Proactively working with the customer to review and resolve existing and any disputed claims.
- Supporting the communication of new products and services to the customer in line with the Customer Account Plan and strategy for growth. Provide an on-site interface between company and client to support the introduction of any new products or services.
- Provision of support to Account Management team in the proactive resolution of any material issues associated with order book management.
The candidate will be an analytical individual who can keep on top of KPIs, able to present and communicate at all levels, and will be knowledgeable in the rail industry. They will integrate well into both the account management team and with the client, serving as a crucial link between the two, furthering the reputation of their business.
- Understanding of warranty claims / damaged parts.
- Experience with Data Analysis.
- Full clean Driving Licence.
- Engineering Experience, ideally with a strong knowledge of rolling stock parts.
- HNC level qualification or above (desirable).
Likely Job Titles: Rolling Stock Technician, Accounts Manager, Engineering Manager, Project Engineer, Contract Manager
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.