Location: Birmingham or London
Salary: Base salary: £36,000 to c.£49,000 depending on skills and experience. In addition, we offer flexible benefits fund of 20% which is paid on top base salary and is fully pensionable, as well as a range of competitive benefits - check them out in the Benefits section on our website.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
As Configuration Controller you’ll support and govern the technical authority communication and technical change process being the focal point for all change related matters. To support the Configuration Managers with CSR submissions and Contract Baseline administration.
About the role:
- Create/register technical authority communications (TAC)/ Technical Change Requests (TCR) in Bentley eB within agreed timescales and to a high data quality.
- Check TAC/TCR quality prior to TAuP to ensure they are fit for governance board approval.
- Review governance board minutes and approve TACs/TCRs in the CM tool based on board approvals and communicate CM tool approval to stakeholders and originators.
- Prepare submissions packs (Technical Chance Requests (TCR), TACs etc.) for governance board meetings, advising secretariat of items that are ready to be presented to the board.
- Maintain a register of TACs including governance board decisions, TCR relationship and maintain the status of TACs. Work with the governance board secretariat on the implementation of TACs across all delivery areas.
- Provide weekly TCR/TAC status reports and ensure TCRs/TACs are being progressed in a timely fashion to meet business objectives and Lead Discipline Engineer priorities.
- Plan and co-ordinate TCR/TACs with the Lead Discipline Engineers to ensure business priorities and milestones are achieved.
- For TACs with related Trends/Changes that require additional funding from Delivery Directorates, work with the Engineer community and Commercial Managers to resolve and communicate.
- Co-ordinate and communicate the implementation of TACs into the HS2 Configuration baselines with the Configuration Managers.
- Maintain the Technical Change Work Instruction/Technical Authority Communication Work Instruction and Training material in line with the HS2 Technical Change Procedure. Provide technical change control training and communication to all users of the process.
- Maintain and test the CM tool process in line with the Work Instructions.
- Provide administrivia support to the Configuration Managers when contract baselines are being updated
- Provide administrivia support to the Configuration Managers when contract submissions (CSR) are being verified.
- Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Worked in multi discipline cross functional environments, across different industries and at all parts of the system lifecycle.
- Maintained a change control process within a complex programme environment
- Data input and analysis skills
- Forward thinker able to work on own initiative
The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.