Your New Role:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a permanent Compliance and Competency Manager to join our Transpire account in Manchester/Leeds - Hybrid working.
Transpennine Amey (TRU) is working in partnership with Network Rail on the Transpennine route upgrade project since 2018, with an increased focus on providing reliable, frequent, faster, and greener railways to the North of England. Covering 76 miles of railway between Manchester, Leeds, York, Selby and onto Humberside, we lay the foundations, covering upgrades to civils, track, railway systems and electrification to the west of Leeds.
Compliance and Competency Manager plays an important part:
- To develop, update and maintain a TRU competency management system that complies with the Amey CMS.
- To manage the competency system and competency team to ensure that all competencies are up to date with a focus on safety critical competencies.
- To manage training within TRU
- To ensure that training and competency records are kept, and assessment documentation is suitably filed.
- To develop, update and maintain a technical audit system that complies with TRU and Amey systems
- To ensure the close out of corrective action in due time
The standard hours of work are 37.5 hrs per week.
You will be responsible for:
- Manage the Competence team to ensure best efficiency and ensure all relevant technical competencies are assessed.
- Develop, update, and maintain TRU competency management system.
- Develop, update, and maintain a competency matrix and make available to line managers.
- Develop and maintain an assessment plan that gives priority to safety critical assessments.
- Carry out assessments and deliver internal training.
- Provide regular reports of progress against the assessment plan to the Delivery Unit leads.
- Deliver competency certificates and training attendance certificates as required.
- Ensure that competency records are kept, and all assessment documentation is suitably filed.
- Carry out internal verification.
- Be the single point of contact in Rail Systems -TRU for all competency and training matters.
- Develop a TRU system of internal and external technical audit and liaison with the Environment and Audit Manager.
- Assist in CAR close out.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Experience in permanent way renewals with strong Rail and construction knowledge and competencies.
- Understanding of competency management systems.
- Qualified Assessor (A1)
- Qualified Verifier (V1)
- Qualified trainer
- Auditor competency
- Full UK Driving license
What we can offer you:
- Career Development - Exceptional development and progression plan
- Pension - Generous Pension scheme which we will contribute to
- Holidays - Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Choices - Our flexible benefits scheme is tailored by you, including buying additional annual leave, cycle2work scheme, charity giving and gym membership.
- Save with Amey - Our online voucher portal gives you access to thousands of discounts from leading retailers to help you save on shopping, days out, or nights in. It includes healthcare, free GP service, dental vouchers.
- Social Value - You'll get 2 Community Involvement Days each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and further opportunities to support fundraising initiatives
Amey is committed to Inclusion and Diversity. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please contact our recruitment team at to discuss any access needs and reasonable adjustments that may be required at any point during the recruitment process.
Apply today - We are excited to hear from you!