About The Role
Due to continuous growth, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a motivated and dedicated individual to join our team in the capacity of a Telecoms Tester .
Our Telecoms and E&P group have a proven record in project delivery from large to small multi/single discipline projects, providing engineering support and assurance on numerous regional and national rail frameworks throughout the UK.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following:
- Take ownership and responsibility for the completion of technical testing.
- Implement test & commissioning processes and procedures described within the Linbrooke Services management system for projects.
- Ensure that all reasonable care is taken to ensure that work is conducted professionally and safely and in accordance with agreed standards.
- Liaise and assist the HSQE team to ensure due regard is given to safety / quality and environmental issues associated with projects.
- Act as a Telecoms Tester for projects under direction of the TIC.
- Assist the T&C Manager in developing appropriate test documentation including plans and specifications to meet the requirements of specific projects.
- Assist the TIC in the completion of all site testing including FAT (Factory Acceptance Testing), SAT (Site Acceptance Testing) and EIS (Enter into Service) testing.
- Provide evidence to the TIC of testing & commissioning through the completion of test certificates, results and associated documentation.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers for the installation and commissioning of telecoms equipment and systems.
- Coach and mentor junior staff for testing activities.
- Support the Test and Commissioning Manager in the preparation of test & commissioning information for bids and tenders.
- Complete any works as directed by your line manager in a safe and timely manner.
- Maintain an engineering logbook.
The above list is not exhaustive, and you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
Essential Attributes & Skills
- Ability to deliver all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services quality procedures and customer specified standards and specifications.
- Ability to support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.
- Efficient communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Contributary team member with good organisational and time management skills.
- IT literate
- Driving licence.
- Knowledge of aspects of telecoms testing & commissioning as applied to railway telecommunications.
- Good understanding and appreciation of the CDM Regulations.
- Good practical experience and appreciation of system testing & commissioning, safety concepts and associated decision making as applied to railway telecommunications.
Desirable Attributes & Skills
- Hold IRSE Test Licence.
- Knowledge of IP networking (CCNA or equivalent).
- Experience of voice communications principles
- A Level / ONC / HNC.
Monday to Friday, could include weekend working
Unit 2-4 Sheffield Business Park Churchill Way, Chapeltown, Sheffield, S35 2PY
When you join Linbrooke, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
Hybrid Working: Find the right balance that works for you. Depending on your role, you maybe entitled to work 2/5 days from home*.
Health & Wellbeing: Supercharged health and wellbeing plan by Westfield Health and EAP employee assistance programme.
Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with My Gym and Westfield Health Rewards. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
Community: Volunteering is big at Linbrooke. You can take 1 day off work to support causes you believe in. And you will get paid for doing it.
Sick Pay: Income protection for up to 6 weeks in 12 month period. So when you are unwell you don't have to worry about your finances.
Death In Service: In the unfortunate event of death, your nominated beneficiaries will receive a tax-free lump sum equivalent to a two-year salary, for this position.
We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation. In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate complianc