Your New Role:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Permanent Commercial Manager to join our CEFA team in York - Flexible/remote working.
Amey has been working in partnership with Network Rail since 2009 to deliver the Civils Examinations and Assessment Framework Agreements. We are responsible to undertake the examination and assessment of railway structures across the UK. Across the country our teams deliver several different workstreams within Civil Examinations/Assessments; broadly categorised into structures examinations, structures assessments, operational property inspections/assessments and earthworks examinations. By gathering intelligence around the condition of them and how they are developing and changing, this will form the basis of decision making for future intervention and safety of the assets to prevent functional failure.
Commercial Manager plays an important part in a leading role in the Management Team; manage and/or carry out if required all normal quantity surveying duties; to comply with the Amey Values; maximise Amey's opportunity to bid successfully; and to ensure maximum recovery of all contractual entitlements.
The standard hours of work are 37.5 hrs per week.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensure compliance with the Amey systems, processes and procedures to deliver pre and post contract management on Bids and Contracts between £ 5m and £20m p.a.
- Manage up to 6 direct reports
- Work within the strict deadlines required under the Bid or Contract(s) and as required by the Company
- Prepare commercial reports for Pre and Post Contract (including Cost Value Reconciliations and cash flows)
- Exercise full cost control of project(s) including providing and monitoring budgets and forecasts in conjunction with the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager
- Leading on the production of weekly/monthly cost and value reconciliations and forecasts and advising the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager thereof
- Assist and advise the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager in ensuring timely issuing of all notices required under the Contract(s)
- Identify the existence of all variations (changes) to the works, or TQ's with respect to Bids, in conjunction with other project or Bid team members
- Identify the existence of any "claim" and "extension of time" situations in conjunction with other project team members
- Manage all aspects of subcontract procurement and payment
- Support the tender or bid processes and strategy as required
- Provide commercial and financial feed-back to the Estimators
- Working closely with the Estimating team and other Support Functions in accordance with the commercial strategy
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Degree qualification (RICS accredited or equivalent) is desirable.
- Alternatively to the degree; demonstrate a proven track record in quantity surveying / commercial management with significant experience in a senior role.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Sound knowledge of contracts/ post contract awards
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office components, particularly Excel
- A proven track record in commercial management and negotiation skills whilst maintaining Client relationships.
- Ability to time-manage, set priorities and work to strict deadlines.
- Preferably from Rail or a similar engineering/construction industry background.
What we can offer you:
- Career Development - Exceptional development and progression plan
- Pension - Generous Pension scheme which we will contribute to
- Holidays - Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Choices - Our flexible benefits scheme is tailored by you, including buying additional annual leave, cycle2work scheme, charity giving and gym membership.
- Save with Amey - Our online voucher portal gives you access to thousands of discounts from leading retailers to help you save on shopping, days out, or nights in. It includes healthcare, free GP service, dental vouchers.
- Social Value - You'll get 2 Community Involvement Days each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and further opportunities to support fundraising initiatives.
Amey is committed to Inclusion and Diversity. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please contact our recruitment team at to discuss any access needs and reasonable adjustments that may be required at any point during the recruitment process.
Apply today - We are excited to hear from you!