Do you want to join a company voted as a 'Great Place to Work' by its employees? Do you have a passion for doing things differently? Do you want to be part of an ambitious and tight knit team working on some of the most exciting infrastructure projects in the world?
BTTC is currently looking for experienced Quantity Surveyors to join our business to support our continued growth.
Who we are
BTTC is a high-performance infrastructure project consultancy founded on the principle that our industry can deliver projects ‘better through total collaboration’. We combine an innovative, collaborative and pragmatic approach with high performing leadership, extensive experience and expertise to help our clients to transform the way infrastructure projects are delivered.
We are passionate about what we do and how we do it. We are looking for people to join our team who share our passion and align with our vision of ‘transforming the infrastructure industry’.
What we offer
At BTTC, our people are our greatest asset, and we prioritise investing in their success. We have recently been accredited as a ‘Great Place to Work’, receiving an impressive score of 97% from our employees. This recognition reflects our commitment to creating a positive and supportive work environment that fosters growth, collaboration, and innovation. We firmly believe that when our employees are happy and fulfilled, they perform at their best and achieve great things. We are proud to offer a work culture that encourages personal and professional development, provides ample opportunities for career advancement, and rewards hard work and dedication.
We place a huge emphasis on the training and development of our employees. We offer full support towards professional chartership and other professional qualifications, so you can continue to grow and excel in your career. Our truly collaborative culture means you will be working with people of all seniority levels across the business, giving you direct access to our leadership team and industry experts. This can lead to accelerated learning and promotion opportunities.
We are proud of the open and honest environment we have cultivated, where you will be surrounded by like-minded people who will support, celebrate, and challenge you. We work on some of the most exciting infrastructure projects in the world, with projects based across the UK and North America. This means we can offer you potential international opportunities so you can see the world while you work.
Join us at BTTC and experience first-hand what it's like to be part of a team that values and invests in their people.
The Role and Key Responsibilities
As a Commercial Manager you will provide strategic commercial and contractual support to clients, enabling the project teams to deliver requirements whilst maximising profitability and minimising risk. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver pre and post contract commercial duties across an array of contract forms and procurement models.
- Enhance our reputation to increase the likelihood of further services.
- Collaborate with our client and contractor teams to enhance project deliverables, KPIs, objectives, and contract performance.
- Undertake project compliance within client governance procedures including presenting papers at a senior level.
- Adopt best practice and shared learning principals.
- Proactively provide sound commercial knowledge and support to stakeholders.
- Participate in internal business improvement areas.
- Good technical writing, client-facing, and communication skills
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined, and commercially astute
- A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude,
- Prior experience delivering infrastructure projects.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Relevant educational background including degree or apprenticeship.
- Hold or be working towards an appropriate professional body membership or equivalent.
- Competitive salary
- Car allowance
- 20% annual performance incentivisation scheme
- Up to 6% pension contribution Double matched at up to 12%
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private health and life assurance
- Enhanced Sick / Maternity / Paternity Pay
- Hybrid working
- Two paid volunteer days per year
- ‘Mental health first’ culture
- Funding for further learning and development
- Regular team social events
- Referral scheme
- International opportunities