We have a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Manager (Quantity Surveyor) to join our Core Valley Lines Transformation team.
Transformation is part of the Core Valley Lines which forms part of our contract with Transport for Wales (TfW). TfW is a delivery agent for the Welsh Government and exists to drive forward the Welsh Government’s vision of a high quality, safe, integrated, affordable and accessible transport network that the people of Wales are proud of.
As Commercial Manager, you will play a leading role in the Commercial delivery of Transformation; you will manage and/or carry out all Quantity Surveying duties, comply with the Amey Values and ensure maximum recovery of all contractual entitlements.
The standard hours of work are 37.5 hours per week.
You will be responsible for:
- Implementation of Commercial best practice to maximise value and minimise risk and cost to Amey
- Follow Commercial processes to ensure contractual entitlement is realised
- Implementation Group commercial processes for cost capture, valuation, procurement and reporting
- Subcontract Management covering liabilities, accruals, payment assessments, issuing payment notices, raising payment certificates
- Preparation, review and evaluate Subcontract enquiries and quotations
- Ensuring compliance with the Amey systems, processes and procedures to deliver post contract management
- Working within the strict deadlines required under the Contract(s) and as required by the Company
- Exercising full cost control of project(s) including providing and monitoring budgets and forecasts in conjunction with the Transformation and Finance teams
- Providing weekly/monthly cost and value reconciliations and forecasts and advising the senior team
- Ensuring timely issuing of all notices required under the Contract(s)
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Or are working towards an industry professional qualification (RICS or CICES) – which is desirable.
- A solid knowledge of commercial and financial procedures and reporting will be vital in ensuring compliance as well as a general knowledge of Railway Construction works.
- Experience of Network Rail and/or NEC contracts is desirable.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen.
- Ability to time-manage, set priorities and work to strict deadlines.
- Methodical style of working.
- Strong excel skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Strong desire to further Client relationships whilst ensuring that contractual entitlements are not compromised.
- A strong communicator, that works well in a team, with the ability to work with those in the wider operational team
Ideally you will be degree qualification (RICS accredited or equivalent) with an ability to demonstrate a proven track record in quantity surveying / commercial management within the sector.
In addition to this, it would be desirable if you have experience of using a financial management database (SAP, COINS, SAGE, etc.) This is not essential, as we will provide you with the required development and training.
What we offer you:
- Career Development - Exceptional development and progression plan
- Pension – Generous Pension scheme which we will contribute to
- Holidays - Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Choices - Our flexible benefits scheme is tailored by you, including buying additional annual leave, cycle2work scheme, charity giving and gym membership
- Save with Amey - Our online voucher portal gives you access to thousands of discounts from leading retailers to help you save on shopping, days out, or nights in. It includes healthcare, free GP service, dental vouchers
- Social Value - You’ll get 2 Community Involvement Days each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and further opportunities to support fundraising initiatives
Amey is committed to Inclusion and Diversity. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please contact our recruitment team at Charlotte.McEvoy@amey.co.uk to discuss any access needs and reasonable adjustments that may be required at any point during the recruitment process.
Apply today – We are excited to hear from you!