Under the guidance of the Civils Design Director, the Civils Design Engineer should be capable of undertaking designs through GRIP stages 3–5.
The Civils Design Engineer will be required to produce and to assist in the production of designs, drawings, design reports and associated documentation and will be responsible for checking designs produced by others and to represent the Discipline Lead at design development and review meetings and workshops.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, BEng or BSc (or equivalent)
- Experience of using analysis and design software packages (such as MIDAS, Superstress and TEDDS)
- Key understanding of Safe by Design and CDM 2015 regulations
- Ability to develop civil/ structural designs in accordance with the project specific requirements
- Ability to aid in the production of technical reports
- Good communication and teamworking skills
- Key understanding of sustainable developments (Environmental, Social, Economic impact)
- 2 years post qualification experience in rail design engineering (civil and/or structural)
- Membership of a professional engineering institution (ICE/ IStructe)
- Working towards professional accreditation (CEng, IEng, EngTech)
- Understanding of multi-disciplinary railway design interfaces
- Personal Track Safety (PTS)
To become part of the fastest-growing independent rail group in the UK click Apply for this job
We’ll need an up-to-date CV and a covering letter or email. If you’re considered for the first round of interviews, you’ll be asked to take part in an informal telephone interview. Should you be successful at that stage, you’ll move on to either a video or face-to-face interview.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
It is the policy of SEP Rail Services, SEP Rail Design and SEP Rail Engineering to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, gender, sex, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or information or any other characteristic protected by law.