We currently have an opportunity for a Civil Engineer to be based in either of our York, Manchester, Reading or Bristol offices. In this role you will act as lead designer on a variety of rail and infrastructure design projects. You will also manage budgets, programmes and quality assurance and lead a small team in the delivery of projects
- Undertake Lead Engineer duties, this includes but is not limited to:
- Prepare outline and detailed design of multi-disciplinary projects as directed.
- Follow check and approve procedures throughout project delivery.
- Interface with other discipline and 3rd party Engineers to ensure a multi-disciplinary design is developed
- Report to Senior Engineer and Project Management team on progress of project
- Undertake the duties of designer as highlighted in CDM/CSM legislation
- Apply procedures and systems to ensure the safety of staff and others affected by the operations of my client throughout design lifecycle
- Contribute to company-wide goals and business improvement
- Continue your own Professional Development with support from my client
- Any other duties as required
Knowledge and Skills
- Good knowledge and experience of civil engineering design and detailing, railway experience desired but not essential
- A Civil Engineering degree 2:2 or above (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of civil design and construction principles and standards
- Knowledge of Network Rail standards desired but not essential
- Eurocode experience
- Achieved or working towards Chartership with a professional body i.e. ICE, IStructE
- Experience as a design engineer under supervision with responsibilities for delivery of project(s) to the required quality
- Experience in delivering to safety standards and CDM/CSM requirements
- Awareness of contract conditions and the importance of contracts in project delivery
- Experience of commercial awareness including programming and delivery to budgets/timescales
- Proficient in the use of computer analysis programs e.g. TEDDS and Supersuite.
- Knowledge of producing drawings by using 2D/3D Microstation
- Knowledge of BIM Level 2.
- Flexibility in working hours will be required to meet the demands of the role
- Ability to travel to client sites and other SYSTRA offices will be required
Established in 2007, Fission Recruitment specialise in the recruitment of permanent employees and contractors for the rail and highways industry.
Key to what we do is assist our candidate in their long-term planning and continued skill acquisition. We offer free advice, industry knowledge and CV consultation, ensuring that all candidates have equal opportunities to develop their career.
Please apply to find out more details about how we can help you find your next position. We understand that every individual looks for a new role for a number of different reasons, whether it’s financial, culture, sustainability or equality and diversity, we can help you navigate your way to success.
Fission recruitment is acting as an employment agency in relation to this job