Are you looking for the opportunity to grow an extremely promising business, securing new work and making a mark in the rail industry?
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment are working with an exciting rapidly growing designer and supplier of engineering components into the rail and aviation industry, who are looking for a Business Development Manager to assist in their aim to grow the wider group from a 22 million turnover to a 50 million turnover business in the next 5 years. With the first two phases of a major rolling stock project secured, the company is financially secure and needs this ambitious individual to build networks, secure new business and fulfil the business' enormous potential. They will work with a senior leadership team who have headed multi-billion-pound businesses and learn from their vast experience. With a huge variety of project opportunities, ranging between train refurbishments and maintenance, rolling stock hybridisation contracts, new train build and Original Engineering Manufacturing (OEM) projects, the Business Development Manager will build a strong pipeline and grow their standing in the sector.
Midlands, day-to-day will involve visiting clients, travelling to Saffron Walden once every 2 weeks. Locations we target will include: Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, Leicestershire, Warwickshire Lincolnshire, Goole area.
Role and Responsibilities:
- To provide sales orders at or above profitable target levels that meet or exceed budget or target levels and communicate action plans/counter measures when results differ from expectation.
- Maintain market awareness around all solution areas through networking, researching and analysing the global Rail and transportation markets.
- Intelligent visits and travel, building relationships and information flows at all levels from Depots to HQ.
- Work closely with Group Marketing Manager to target, design and implement effective marketing campaigns in support of Sales growth efforts.
- To budget, forecast and update MD, Commercial Manager and other senior staff as needed.
- To position solutions inside the customer Engineering solutions demonstrating short, medium and long term technical and financial benefits - an understanding of engineering and finance processes is an advantage.
- Answer and own commercial customer enquiries, complaints and incoming communications through to resolution, logging all key customer contacts through the CRM system.
- To develop and maintain collaborative communication and working with the Directors, other BDM's, Service Engineers, Engineering, Finance and Operations teams including setting up effective systems, sharing historical knowledge and keeping each other informed of business-critical information.
- To represent in a professional manner through all communications that promotes growth in business relationships, sales and future profitability.
- To ensure quotes and bids are prepared efficiently and in line with approvals guidelines and current best practice and that they are delivered to customers in a timely manner, liaising with other commercial team members as needed.
- Implement the yearly segment and departmental Objectives to achieve the Company's growth.
- Participate in meetings and customer events including exhibitions and inward visits to our facilities, setting a leading standard for sales excellence.
Travel as needed in UK and Globally - foreign language and/or travel skills are an advantage but not essential.
With a varied day-to-day travelling to clients, primarily in the midlands, this individual will collaborate with the wider team's sales team and will have a hunter's approach to new business. They will be a passionate networker with rail industry connections who wants to be part of a market-disrupting growth, hungry to drive success.
- Experience in a Technical Environment.
- Strong Sales Experience.
- Capable networker, demonstrable experience in engaging with the rail community.
- Rolling Stock / Rail Industry experience (infrastructure experience is suitable, but digital IT integration would not be).
Closing Date: 30 th October 2023
Likely Job Titles: Business Development, Sales Manager
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.