Main Duties of the role:
The key responsibility for the BIM Modeller role is possess strong computer CAD/BIM skills to produce 3D/2D dimensional models required for BIM model and drawing production and to support the Discipline Lead, Production Lead and BIM Coordinator in the day to day tasks in our Birmingham office.
- Support the Discipline Lead, Project BIM Coordinator(s) and Production Team(s) in day to day BIM implementation activities.
- Develop and maintain object libraries and catalogues.
- Develop analysis and 3D design models and extract 2D geometry for internal reviews, coordination and external submissions.
- Produce 3D/2D dimensional models required for drawing preparation, reporting and presentation.
- Prepare engineering drawings e.g. general arrangements, layouts, profiles, sections, surface gradings etc., for Infrastructure and Transportation Project(s).
- Ensure model(s) are delivered in accordance with the agreed level of information need, TIDP, MIDP and CDE protocol.
- Export and perform own discipline 3D models clash detection and resolution.
- Perform quality assurance and control checks on models and ensure geometrical and non-geometrical information compliance with the Project requirements compliance.
- Validate and export model geometry and data to schedules for design and commercial activities
- Update 3D/2D models in accordance with instructions given by BIM Coordinator and Production Leadsfor internal and external Design coordination, technical and value engineering activities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree and/or Diploma in a relevant subject (Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management)
- Experience within Design or Construction on infrastructure projects
- Experience within Modelling and Drafting ideally with Drainage or Structures discipline expertise
- Knowledge of multi-disciplinary Design workflows and understanding of 3D coordination process
- Experience with International and/or British BIM Standards
- Proficient in a range of authoring, scripting, design review, coordination, simulations and collaboration applications e.g. MicroStation, AECOsim, Open Bridge, Road, Utilities, Power Rail, Micro Drainage, Navigator, ProjectWise, etc.
- Excellent working knowledge of all PC based Windows environments and Microsoft Office suite
In return, we offer a very competitive salary with a comprehensive and attractive benefits package with opportunities for flexible working and career development.
Please note, we do have a preferred supplier list for the provision of recruitment services and we will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL.
Established in 2007, Fission Recruitment specialise in the recruitment of permanent employees and contractors for the rail and highways industry.
Key to what we do is assist our candidate in their long-term planning and continued skill acquisition. We offer free advice, industry knowledge and CV consultation, ensuring that all candidates have equal opportunities to develop their career.
Please apply to find out more details about how we can help you find your next position. We understand that every individual looks for a new role for a number of different reasons, whether it’s financial, culture, sustainability or equality and diversity, we can help you navigate your way to success.
We are now seeking to strengthen and grow our Engineering team in our Birmingham office by recruiting an experienced BIM Modeller with Drainage discipline experience.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a range of experience within the Civil Engineering/Transportation/Infrastructure sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic BIM Specialist with OpenRoads software experience to further their career in a highly motivated and inspirational environment.
Fission Recruitment are acting s an agency in relation to this job.