Innovation and digitalisation are key components to our continue success and growth both here in the UK and overseas. With this in mind we are looking to grow our BIM team here in the UK.
As the BIM Lead you will be providing Digital Engineering direction during project planning/ execution and develop BIM capabilities on the Global market. You will be dealing with the technical, organisational as well as strategical aspects of implementing the necessary BIM measures. The tasks range from identifying BIM requirements, specifying associated measures, advising, and coordinating the parties involved in the project.
A crucial part of the role will be to promote and support cultural change and upskilling across the wider region and project teams around improved collaborative working, information management exchange and driving improved BIM maturity and adoption across projects.
- Manage and lead the BIM and Digital Twin strategy within RSUK and ensure compliance with the BIM execution agreements and Employers Information Requirements.
- Key interface for Digital Engineering delivery between major clients and main contact to the Delivery Team BIM Management.
- Implementing and coordinating the project wide agreed BIM and Digital Engineering processes to fulfil ISO19650.
- Support design management and project management concerning the clarification of BIM related issues.
- Lead the data structure definition for RSUK.
- Support the Technical Management Team concerning the clarification of BIM related issues at interfaces to others and BIM related third party interface issues.
- Interface with RSRG BIM Leads and Managers, learning about techniques utilised by other Rhomberg Sersa Rail Group offices.
- Capable of leading Digital Engineering on a major project if required.
Skills and behaviours required
- Innovation & Problem Solving
- Critical thinking
- Commercial awareness
- Development of Self and Others
- Proactive approach
Your qualifications and experience
- Degree level qualification in Engineering or Technical Design (or similar relevant discipline).
- Strong BIM management skills, with robust knowledge of data transfer and software packages, and deep understanding of ISO19650.
- Experience in day-to-day management of design delivery teams and corresponding task and resource allocation.
- Extensive professional working experience with BIM related software and processes.
- Profound working knowledge of engineering processes and standards associated, as well as contract and claims management.
- High level of customer and quality orientation together with strong abilities in consulting and implementation.
- Experienced in one or more (design and or manufacture/construction) area, e.g.:
- Experienced in writing and checking BIM documents and templates (BEP, MIDP, TIDP etc.)
- Experienced in coordination of multiple parties producing 3D models and 4D Simulations
- Ideal and beneficial to have experience of:
- Bentley Microstation
- Bentley OpenRail
- Bentley iTWIN
- Bentley Synchro
- Bentley ProjectWise
- Advantageous to additionally have experience of Autodesk Revit, Civil 3D and Navisworks Manage.
25 days leave plus English Public Holidays
Life Insurance - 3 times your basic salary
Enhance Maternity, Paternity and shared parental pay
Free Parking at our main sites (Doncaster, Wigan, and Chesterfield)
Salary Sacrifice - Cycle to Work, and Buy & Sell leave
No agency applications will be considered.
Rhomberg Sersa is committed to cultivating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity. We welcome the contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, the nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.