BIM Coordinator - Rail
This is a supporting role to the BIM Manager for the development and implementation of the project BIM Execution Plan to enable the successful delivery of the detailed design and construction program. Responsible for coordinating the project BIM production and assuring the quality and compliance of all BIM deliverables, among the Design House, Supply Chain, Contractors and Third-Party data.
• Coordination, assurance and implementation of BIM technical products and data for all BIM deliverables in accordance to the Employers Information Requirements, Contractors Information Requirements, the BIM Execution Plan, BS1192 and PAS1192 standards.
• Responsible for the quality assurance, integrity, coordination, and conformance of both the Permanent Works and Temporary Works of the digital engineering Technical Product and the corresponding Asset Information Model deliverables of the Design House, the Supply Chain and delivery team as per the Employers Information Requirements, Contractors Information Requirements and the BIM Execution Plan.
• Ensuring that proper BIM collaboration and information exchange, among the Design House, the Supply Chain, the Rail Systems Contractor, other Contractors and Third-Party, is achieved, via the project approved graphical Common Data Environments.
• Responsible to provide Quality Inspection Plan reports to the BIM Manager for all BIM deliverables and to support the Technical Assurance process and requirements against those deliverables.
• Safeguarding the design and construction activities program and cost via implementing and coordinating the 4D and 5D BIM processes. Assisting the delivery teams on the design and construction works optimization focusing on sustainability, buildability, carbon, logistics and health and safety.
• Run Project BIM Clinic’s to upskill and enable the delivery team members and the Supply Chain to deliver their responsibilities more effectively by deploying BIM tools and processes.
• Supporting the BIM Manager to ensure the correct activities are assigned to the Supply Chain Task Information Managers and that the corresponding Task Information Delivery Plans are assessed promptly and in accordance with the Employers Information Requirements, Contractors Information Requirements, the BIM Execution Plan and the Subcontract Works Information Requirements.
• Supporting the BIM Manager on the development and keeping up to date the BIM Execution Plan across several work packages.
• Understand the company and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
Required Experience, Skills, Qualifications, and Behaviours
• Solid experience as a BIM Coordinator, leading multidisciplinary design coordination team meetings, on behalf of a contractor and/or consultant.
• Solid understanding and management of internal customer relationships / partnerships with focus on delivering high quality BIM models as per the project BIM requirements.
• Experience on BIM 3D modelling and clash detection reporting, via Bentley AECOsim Building Designer Connect and Navigator, for both Permanent Works and Temporary Works design and construction activities.
• Experience on Bentley AECOsim Building Designer Connect Managed Workspace configuration, Datagroup Schedules maintenance and Content Plan creation and management.
• Experience of working across all technical lifecycle stages of a civil engineering rail project and understanding of the BIM development in conjunction to the design and construction phase.
• Experience on working and delivering BIM products within Bentley ProjectWise Connect environment and project knowledge on ensuring that data exchange protocols are adhered by all project parties.
• Experience on managing construction project Supply Chain and technical interfaces.
Desired Experience, Skills, Qualifications, and Behaviours
• Degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or a related professional qualification.
• Sustained Continuing Professional Development.
• A highly ambitious individual with a drive to succeed.
In addition to the above discipline role, the BIM Coordinator must carry out their duties in accordance with the company Core Values