About The Role
We have an opportunity for a Bid Manager to join the Rail Bid Team. The Bid Manager will co-ordinate all parties (internal and external) involved in the bid process to ensure they are well briefed and aware of the level of contribution expected and the associated deadlines, in order to secure new and desired works for the business.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following:
- Ensuring all timelines are met and that bids are submitted successfully in accordance with our internal governance and also reflect our company’s services and abilities.
- Taking responsible for the quality of all aspects of the bid, including pricing, written documentation, and presentations.
- Ensuring all bid documentation is clear, concise, and compelling.
- Being highly motivated, innovative, customer focused and having a ‘can do’ attitude including a more ‘hands on’ approach when required.
- Being an experienced manager, able to motivate and inspire others, able to obtain a high level of work from the team to ensure all deadlines are met efficiently and that the bid is of the highest quality possible.
- Having excellent communications, both verbal and written – the importance of being able to converse and liaise with all bid contributors is key and being able to ‘speak their language’ is vital to get the most from the wider bid team
- Deputising for the Heads of Bids and tenders will be required
The above list is not exhaustive, and you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
Essential Attributes & Skills
- Educated to HNC/Degree level or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience of Railway Signalling, Telecomms and Electrical infrastructure projects
- Experience of Bids and Tendering activities or similar experience in a project Management or equivalent roll
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent IT Skills including Microsoft Office products and others as required
Monday to Friday, Office based position.
We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation. In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
When you join Linbrooke, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
Hybrid Working: Find the right balance that works for you. Depending on your role, you maybe entitled to work 2/5 days from home.
Health & Wellbeing: Supercharged health and wellbeing plan by Westfield Health and EAP employee assistance programme.
Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with My Gym and Westfield Health Rewards. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
Community: Volunteering is big at Linbrooke. You can take 1 day off work to support causes you believe in. And you will get paid for doing it.
Sick Pay: Income protection for up to 6 weeks in 12 month period. So when you are unwell you don't have to worry about your finances.
Death In Service: In the unfortunate event of death, your nominated beneficiaries will receive a tax-free lump sum equivalent to a two-year salary, for this position.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.