HSQ Recruitment are working with well-established and respected civil engineering and rail company with a rich history, poised for continued growth and success. We have a unique opportunity for a talented Bid Manager to join a dynamic and successful Pre-Construction Team based in their Head Office. This hybrid role will allow for a flexible work schedule, with three days at the office and two days remote.
Shape Your Career with Limitless Possibilities whilst having access to numerous career development opportunities and the ability to shape your future with a company that values collaboration and innovation. Our inclusive culture celebrates diversity, and we're committed to creating a dynamic work environment for all our employees.
We are looking for a Bid Manager with a passion for success and a drive to continuously improve. You should have bid management and writing experience, ideally in the highways, rail, or civil engineering industries. As a key member of the Pre-Construction Team, you'll bring creative ideas and a high standard of work to our bids. Collaboration and a team-oriented approach are a must, as is a competitive spirit and a passion for delivering market-leading proposals.
The ideal candidate will be tasked with guiding and coordinating the entire bidding process for capital projects and major frameworks up to £100M, guaranteeing that the proposals are of superior quality and aligned with the companies core values and business objectives. A proven track record in tendering projects within the £50M-£100M range is mandatory.
- Efficiently manage the bid process in accordance with the Tender Process, while ensuring compliance with corporate governance and maximizing success opportunities for both the contractor and the customers
- Develop and agree on a bid strategy that meets client requirements and aligns with the business strategy to secure sustainable and profitable contracts
- Lead and prepare pre-qualification and quality submissions, while managing and collaborating with the estimating team and design partners
- Present Tender Settlement meetings for multiple and large bids, and obtain feedback to continuously improve submissions
- Create high-quality presentations for marketing, pre-qualification, and tender purposes and assist with public relations, advertising programs, and market research activities
- Represent the company with clients, the public, and the wider construction industry, and work with internal business units and external companies to deliver market-leading proposals
- Has previous bid management and writing experience in the highways/rail/civil engineering industry
- Can lead a tender team and work independently, with creativity and a commitment to high standards
- Has excellent team building, communication, and problem-solving skills and is financially astute
- Has design management knowledge, a good understanding of tender requirements, and experience in leading a team of contributors to quality submissions
- Has excellent IT skills and a customer-centric approach, with the ability to identify opportunities within bids
- Has a strong understanding of construction industry terminology and delivery methods, as well as contract awareness
- Can work efficiently under tight deadlines and is committed to continuous improvement
- Education/Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 6 to 10 years of civil engineering experience, or 10 years+ of experience without a degree
- Professional qualification such as IEng/CEng MICE/APM is desirable.
Please email me a copy of your CV to: email@example.com or for more information please call me on 07947 036981