Your New Role:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Permanent Assistant Surveyor to join our CEFA account.
Amey has worked continuously with Network Rail delivering aspects of the CEFA contracts since 2009, taking responsibility for the asset management and examination of different assets during this time.
Amey undertake Structural Examinations, Structural Assessments, Operational Property Inspections, Earthworks Examinations, Technical Monitoring and provide Rapid Response services for Network Rail in several routes throughout the United Kingdom. Civil Examination Framework Agreement (CEFA) team includes over 200 Structures Examiners working on behalf of Network Rail to assess over 70,000 structures across the UK.
The Assistant Surveyor plays an important part in assisting the operational property inspection team to successfully deliver condition surveys and other professional property inspection services
The standard hours of work are Full time - 37.5 hours per week.
You will be responsible for:
(After a period of on the job and external training)
- Under taking measured condition surveys of buildings and structures to Network Rail's property portfolio of stations, depots and signal boxes.
- Survey data input using bespoke surveying software that is currently being redeveloped to enhance the capabilities and user experience.
What makes this role unique is Once trained, you will be working alone completing surveys to Network Rail standards identifying defects and remedial works for Network Rail to complete as part of their planned maintenance.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Willingness to work outdoors in all-weather types and available to work at weekends during night time possessions when required
- Knowledge of construction methods, materials and structural mechanics
Basic knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical systems-similar to domestic properties
Proficient on computers and applications, similar to smart phone technology
- Full UK Driving Licence
Ideally you will be qualified with a Degree level qualification in Building Surveying (or similar acceptable qualification) or - Significant repairs and maintenance inspection experience.
In addition to this, it would be desirable if you have Professional Membership (RICS), (CIOB)
and knowledge of the Railway Industry to help you hit the ground running, although this is not essential as we will provide you with the required development you need to bring you up to speed.
What we can offer you:
- Career Development - Exceptional development and progression plan
- Pension - Generous Pension scheme which we will contribute to
- Holidays - Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Choices - Our flexible benefits scheme is tailored by you, including buying additional annual leave, cycle2work scheme, charity giving and gym membership
- Save with Amey - Our online voucher portal gives you access to thousands of discounts from leading retailers to help you save on shopping, days out, or nights in. It includes healthcare, free GP service, dental vouchers
- Social Value - You'll get 2 Community Involvement Days each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and further opportunities to support fundraising initiatives
We embrace difference and support individuals to work in ways that work best for them
Amey is committed to Inclusion and Diversity. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please contact our recruitment team at to discuss any access needs and reasonable adjustments that may be required at any point during the recruitment process.
Apply today - We are excited to hear from you!